Only logged in members can reply and interact with the post.
Join Similar Worlds today »

How do you get full SOLE custody

My sons dad is in jail and was very abusive towards me and my son , I want to know how I can go about getting full sole custody where his dad could never see him, for shits and giggles I have video evidence of him hitting my son and he’s screaming I’m the background.. I just don’t want acs to know, they will take my son . I just don’t want cps in my business and I want to get granted full custody without him trying to get any parental rights, my son is one 1 years old! I want his rights relinquished where he can never see him.. does anyone know how I can go about this process? I have a oop for 5 years as well but my son isn’t included.I know family court can help but how can his rights as a parents be relinquished
zonavar68 · 51-55, M
step 1 - consult with a solicitor/lawyer/attorney expert in applicable family law.

step 2 - be prepared for a shock when you are told how much legal services cost.

step 3 - once you get over the shock, be honest and realistic and work with the legal person to come up with a strategy and go from there.

Good luck getting a fair result.
DeluxedEdition · 26-30, F
Get a restraining order. That’s how I got full custody
moongoddessx · 26-30, F
@DeluxedEdition did he try to go to court for the child
DeluxedEdition · 26-30, F
Multiple times and was denied everytime

Everytime I get a new notice I laugh @moongoddessx
moongoddessx · 26-30, F
@DeluxedEdition I wanna laugh too😂
updown2020 · 61-69, M
Well you have a lot of work ahead of you ? Are you guys still together if not who is looking after your son when he is with your Ex? Do you have any police reports and hospital reports of abuse you have to have documented proof to build a case and to get sole custody. See if you have any agency that can help you said you have video well I hope you have more than one video and do you have witnesses ?
moongoddessx · 26-30, F
@updown2020 I have police reports and videos. I believe cps has thier Owen records. I’m going to win I know it
updown2020 · 61-69, M
@moongoddessx Well how long is he in jail for? have you change the locks?
moongoddessx · 26-30, F
@updown2020 7 months and I’m moving within that time so it won’t matter
BeachGirl47 · 26-30, F
Mh friend just went through this. You need a lawyer. It wasnt cheap but worth it.
RedBaron · M
Consult an attorney.
moongoddessx · 26-30, F
@TheOneyouwerewarnedabout best believe I want to when I can get full custody and not hold me back
TexChik · F
Attorney consult , petition filed , judge views the evidence and affidavits , judge makes a ruling . Done one way or the other.
thisguy20 · 41-45, M
You should post those videos
FukFaceWillie · 51-55, M
You need a lawyer.

Post Comment
14,268 people following
Parenting & Family
Personal Stories, Advice, and Support
New Post
Associated Groups Forum Members