I Was Stabbed Once

Was I stabbed? Was I shot? Either way there is a hole in my arm...

Who knows what the youth calls it nowadays, but I got my first COVID vaccination this afternoon!
Asmae · 31-35, F
I didn’t feel the injection
losthorizons · 51-55, M
[@1125975,PhpPhoenix] not sure where your getting your research from but as with COVID your numbers are skewed. Only a few days. Lmao. You sound like that dumb ass lady in TN. I’m paralyzed from the neck down, but I encourage everyone to get it and I would do it again. And it does effect your cells
PhpPhoenix · 31-35, M
[@698770,losthorizons] No vaccine is without risk. Yes, one person was paralyzed, a handful of others have died. But that's out of billions of vaccines given so far. 10% of people who get COVID are wiped out for well over a year and 1% dies. About 0.000001% died or got paralyzed from the vaccine. I know what chances I like better.
Asmae · 31-35, F
[@1125975,PhpPhoenix] It's a waste of time arguing with trolls like him
👏👏👏👏
Zaphod42 · 46-50, M
Back in my day (two months ago) we called it the Fauci Ouchie, but the kids these days probably call it something else 🤷‍♂️
PhpPhoenix · 31-35, M
[@527654,Zaphod42] It didn't hurt at all. In fact I didn't even feel it, so that's a weird name.
Gangstress · 36-40, F
Hope youre alright buddy x
We got ours on Saturday 😬
PhpPhoenix · 31-35, M
[@467717,Gangstress] yes, I'm back home now and all is good. I even got a second invitation. (Not an invitation for a second shot, but a second invitation for another two shots.)

[@698770,losthorizons] do you have a problem?
Gangstress · 36-40, F
[@1125975,PhpPhoenix] oh wow,well that's good? They're on it then eh
[@698770,losthorizons] just a bit miffed why you called a vaccine poison..yes I have done my [b]own[/b] research..
PhpPhoenix · 31-35, M
[@467717,Gangstress] Yes, they're making good progress now, finally. They rather invite people twice than not at all. Some people I know even had 4 invitations already. 😅
DeWayfarer · 61-69, M
As long as it wasn't assaulted does it matter? 🤔
PhpPhoenix · 31-35, M
[@412417,DeWayfarer] no, the only thing that matters is that I'm starting to get protected. The name of the procedure doesn't matter.
deadgerbil · 22-25, M
I got my second dose last week. Only slight soreness
MasterLee · 51-55, M
You were duped
MasterLee · 51-55, M
[@1125975,PhpPhoenix] yeah lol you are hilarious. You should do standup.
PhpPhoenix · 31-35, M
[@9463,MasterLee] I'd say the same about you, but it's more sad than funny really. I'm done with this discussion, but hope you beat the odds and stop trying to convince others to take the same risks.
MasterLee · 51-55, M
[@1125975,PhpPhoenix] back at ya
KA9ha · 31-35, M
i think you are mistaken...
PhpPhoenix · 31-35, M
[@997259,KA9ha] In what way?
TrunkZ · 56-60, M
👍👍

Hopefully no side effects. Did you get Pfizer or Moderna?
TrunkZ · 56-60, M
[@1125975,PhpPhoenix] I got Pfizer too... the first dose should not be too bad. Second dose was tougher
PhpPhoenix · 31-35, M
[@245441,TrunkZ] yep, I've heard that from a lot of people. But even the second time it only lasts a few days, so it's worth the investment.
TrunkZ · 56-60, M
[@1125975,PhpPhoenix] definitely agree.
Becksta · 36-40
Woohoo!!! 🥳 It all seems to be happening at once these days... Were you able to get the vaccine that you wanted or did you have to compromise???
Becksta · 36-40
[@1125975,PhpPhoenix] That's great.

I get mine on Tuesday evening... even my man gets his vaccine before I do, too - but we are close enough together for me to feel that we will be going through it together (just a couple of days apart).

**Edited to remove some personal details**
PhpPhoenix · 31-35, M
[@421598,Becksta] Yes, I'm so happy it finally worked out. Just two more weeks before this one offers decent protection and a month and a half before I'm fully protected. I'm very happy you and your man are getting your vaccines very soon as well.
Becksta · 36-40
[@1125975,PhpPhoenix] Lol, I'm feeling hugely emotional right now with the way that things have worked out for us all!!!

I wasn't even sure if my man was going to have the vaccine or not with him already having had Covid19... and I was too afraid to ask him in case he said "No" and left me relying on my own vaccine to protect me. I was delighted when he told me that he had decided to be vaccinated, too - especially with the variants out there. I don't want to go through that again.

I haven't decided yet what I will do if this vaccine requires annual booster shots... I'm waiting to see how my body responds to the first doses before I make my ultimate decision on future ones.
Degbeme · 61-69, M
Big Brother is tracking you now. 🤭
Degbeme · 61-69, M
[@1125975,PhpPhoenix] Good point. I have that turned off on mine. ;)
PhpPhoenix · 31-35, M
[@72117,Degbeme] You turned off your phone? It's not really useful that way. ;) (Only disabling GPS isn't enough. You can be tracked by cell phone towers and websites too.)
Degbeme · 61-69, M
[@1125975,PhpPhoenix] Yeah I do know about the towers. I don`t use my phone for internet stuff.
Its called a jab in the arm! 😖

Congratulations! 👊🏼
I dont understand why the antivaxxers are discouraging people from getting the vaccine. Its not like they love other people or anything. I mean they literally want people to die. Either from the virus or the vaccine. I have only heard one father scared for his daughter. But most antivaxxers seem to have an "I wish you were dead" attitude.
PhpPhoenix · 31-35, M
[@406636,causernamebemyusername] I don't get it either. All research is solid and public, so there is no reason to underestimate the virus or overestimate the dangers of a vaccin. But even then it doesn't harm them if others take it. At worst it doesn't make a difference, at best it protects them through herd immunity.
adorbz · 22-25, F
You were shanked lol
PhpPhoenix · 31-35, M
[@698770,losthorizons] How so? Are you claiming I did hear this term before or that I don't love it?
adorbz · 22-25, F
[@698770,losthorizons] unless you’re saying he has heard the term shanked before I have no idea what you’re talking about 🤨 dippy
adorbz · 22-25, F
[@1125975,PhpPhoenix] you’re secretly the one who invented the word 😱
losthorizons · 51-55, M
Why do you block. Don’t like the truth I see. Your like the tech companies. Don’t buy I into it sheep. Use your brain. Or at least a dash of grey matter
losthorizons · 51-55, M
[@1125975,PhpPhoenix] you, you sheep. 😂
PhpPhoenix · 31-35, M
[@698770,losthorizons] I appreciate sarcasm, but when you sarcastically suggest to put people's life in danger, you're going to need to be more clear that you're not serious.
Becksta · 36-40
[@698770,losthorizons] What's up, dude, you run out of logical arguments now, so you're reduced to flinging swear words around - let me guess... 9 out of every 10 of your posts are made in politics!!!
exotically · 18-21, F
what i want to know is that if all the vulnerable people have already been vaccinated why are they still getting admitted to hospital? i mean the people being admitted have already been jabbed as most are 50+ so it doesn’t make any sense. i think the whole thing is a complete joke and as a young, healthy person i’m NOT getting vaccinated...especially if it’s as useless as it’s currently seeming to be.
PhpPhoenix · 31-35, M
[@868780,exotically] without these measures a lot more people would have gotten it and without hospitals being able to treat everyone, the fatality rate would have been much higher. With further spread there would have been many more mutations. Just because it didn't completely so the virus, doesn't mean it didn't do anything. With enough vaccinations we can drop the measures though. Just be a little patient until others have their shots as well.
exotically · 18-21, F
[@1125975,PhpPhoenix] you don’t know that and it’s actually preferable that a virus mutates because that’s how they become weaker
PhpPhoenix · 31-35, M
[@868780,exotically] I do know that we'll need all the measures forever if we don't get enough people vaccinated though.

I Was Stabbed Once
by an angry cholo mexican at a gas station. good times :)