Do you buy used furniture?

We just bought an awesome set at a thrift store. I don’t anticipate buying new furniture until the kids are grown and the dogs are gone...
SmellyBot · 61-69, M
I have a beautiful TV stand, office desk, and coffee table I found next to the dumpster.

A neighbor lived in another state but rented here to work at a high paying factory and when he retired didn't want to lug the heavy stuff all the home so just threw them out for me to take.
Picklebobble2 · 56-60, M
It's a great way to revamp your living environment.
Especially if you can add your own touch to them.

Recycling at it's best
exexec · 61-69, C
We have not bought used furniture, but we have accepted hand-me-down furniture or furniture that friends no longer used.
Loretta78 · 41-45, F
I only buy used furniture becaue I don´t have money for new one. The last used furniture I bought was already 10 years ago.
MarineBob · 56-60, M
My first house here was furnished with all free furniture from the curbside
Turkr · 36-40, M
yep I used to go this very nice cozy shop in Orlando called "IFeelUsed" :) Very nice guy's shop, we became friends later. Pretty name right? :)
Quetzalcoatlus · 41-45, M
[@1179458,Turker] Is it still there? I’m not too far
Turkr · 36-40, M
unfortunately map says permenantly closed.. 😕 I hope he is fine
ArtieKat · 61-69, M
My business partner and I found a beautiful old bath in an alley near our catering kitchen - perfect for the house we're currently refurbishing. When we were fitting-out the kitchen she spotted a commercial double sink outside a closed-down restaurant. The workmen let us take it!
KiwiBird · 31-35, F
[@9450,ArtieKat] Mosr steel baths even in UK made in the 1960's and earlier will be Cast-Iron.
ArtieKat · 61-69, M
[@521524,KiwiBird] I'm sure you're right - this one isn't heavy enough for cast iron though.
ArtieKat · 61-69, M
[@521524,KiwiBird]

Needs more appropriate taps - and a bloody good clean!
I haven’t in quite awhile and have everything I need now. Have heard students talking about bedbugs too much in the past 15 years.
Yep.

There's too much waste in this world.

I don't wanna add to the input of trash that cheap manufacturing creates in this world.

Plus ...if you know what you're looking for - older pieces are built beautifully...are strong and will last.

And they have character 😊
Repete · 61-69, M
I would rather buy real wood furniture used or new than buy what most manufactured furniture is made of today. A neighbor of mine had a good name for the stuff they use. He called it beaver puke.
That’s my opinion.

I Am Furniture