I Am Helpful

Any techies on here? What's the best affordable external hard drive for PC?

Wanna store LOTS of pictures, vids, & music. Thanks!
I'd rather upload it on cloud/Gmail Drive. Storing a physical drive is another problem...at least for me.
ozgirl512 · 26-30, F
A 4Tb magnetic drive, USB, should be larger enough, around 100 bucks...
lovelywarpedlemon · 26-30, F
[@516864,ozgirl512] oh perfect I'll look it up. Thanks!!
ozgirl512 · 26-30, F
[@417823,lovelywarpedlemon] don't get an SSD type, they are faster, but much more expensive and you won't need the extra speed!
Format it as exfat too if using a PC... It allows for sizes larger than 4Gb, important for big movies!
lovelywarpedlemon · 26-30, F
Hmm this 1 looks decent in case anyone is interested. Looks like average is about $60.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-easystore-2tb-external-usb-3-0-portable-hard-drive-black/6406513.p?skuId=6406513
JoyfulSilence · 46-50, M
I have a TB on my desktop computer, but it is mostly empty. My smartphone has only 32 GB space so I have had to transfer most of my photos to my desktop over the years.

A few years ago I was worried that my desktop might die of old age, so I got a thumb drive with 128 GB space to back up everything. But in case both die, I also back things up on the cloud (MS One Drive and my Google account). But free cloud storage is limited so I only back up documents and not my photos. And just to be safe I use my phone as a backup of some things, too. Lots of redundancy.

Someday I want to put all my photos on a second thumb and give it to my parents so they can look at them if they want. And they will also have them to remember me if I die before they do. And that will be another backup.

Thumb drives are pretty cheap for the amount of space they have.
lovelywarpedlemon · 26-30, F
[@68716,JoyfulSilence] thank you!!!!! 🖤🤓
JoyfulSilence · 46-50, M
[@417823,lovelywarpedlemon]

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hard-drives/usb-flash-drives/abcat0504010.c?id=abcat0504010

I Am Helpful