I Enjoy My Job

Well...not lately but maybe that's changing

I sent out the SW bat signal this morning asking for encouragement for my one-year job evaluation and boy did y'all deliver!

As a recap (regular SWeeps stop rolling your eyes)...it's been a whirlwind 18 months. I had three jobs last year within four months. There wasn't anything wrong with them, there was just this really weird progression that happened. The first I had had for about a year and left for another. Then COVID hit and, in the midst of it, I was offered another job down the hall. While I was flattered and excited about it, there were some things that didn't make sense but I took it anyway.

So, a year later and I've let those little concerns fester and really bother me. I started this job with no training, working from home, then in the office by myself. It was almost five months before I saw my boss in person. I've made some significant errors in my work...nothing that couldn't be fixed, but I'm my own worst critic and I know the boss was frustrated with me about them. When you add up a new job, COVID, shingles, hubs and I getting COVID, and my depression hitting me harder than usual this winter, it's been a hellacious time to be alive.

*exhales*

Now...the evaluation.

I didn't sleep last night for trying to focus on the what-if's and my words. BUT...it actually went quite well. We had a very open and honest discussion and I feel better about why I was approached and offered this position and appreciate the understanding that my world has been turned upside down. I'm encouraged that she and I will develop a close relationship and will both excel in our work because of each other. It's nice to be able to have hard, constructive discussions and maintain respect, understanding, and encouragement toward one another. I still have to work on that confidence thing, but that was knocked down pretty hard several years ago...but I'll get it back.

Thanks again friends for encouraging me this morning...I don't know what I'd do without you wonderful bunch of weirdos!!!
Aweee <3 i was asleep or id have encouraged you too!! Youre doing amazing
marsbar · F
Awww congrats! It makes all the difference in the world when you work with great colleagues & bosses.
JustNik · 46-50, F
I love this. Every good thing matters! I think half the bad stuff is thrown at us by our own heads, but the upside of that is that you know the good stuff’s 100% real. I hope going forward the way feels a bit smoother. 😄👍
Pinkstarburst · 51-55, F
[@23104,JustNik] 🤗
You have to do the ceremonial shot of tequila, french kiss one handsome man and tell one lady she caught your eye.

To celebrate that is!

Or ... is that what you do when you bowl a 200 game? ... will double check!
That is so awesome! Congratulations 💐💐💐💐 So dis you get a massive promotion with a corner office and a seven figure salary? 🙂🙂🙂🙂
Pinkstarburst · 51-55, F
[@78387,Stereoguy] I wish!! Money is never involved. It’s just part of the rules to do one. It goes in a file until it’s shredded in five years.
[@6912,Pinkstarburst] At least you had a good review. 🙂🙂🙂🙂

I Enjoy My Job