I've just had tacos for the first time in my life

And it was such a bad experience! It didn't taste great but that was the smallest problem!

I couldn't even figure out how to hold it or from which direction should I bite first???!! And all the stuffing was dropping out of it! 馃槖

I mean, it's not like any kind of sandwich where the stuffing is tightly wrapped inside, neither is the stuffing stuck on top like a pizza, and it's not even served with a spoon?? How are you supposed to handle this?

#tacos_are_overrated
JustcallmeNameless31-35, FVIP
Wtf? You never ate tacos? You can use a fork if you want.
JustcallmeNameless31-35, FVIP
[@236612,Menas] well you could have ask for one if you were eating so messy. Were those shells soft and not fried?
Menas22-25, M
[@585989,JustcallmeNameless] one soft and one crispy. I couldn't handle neither
basilfawlty8931-35, M
[@236612,Menas] just as a sidenote, hard taco shells aren't traditional. It's more of an American thing and traditionally we make it with corn flour, not wheat.
KaliKaliF
Those are some shit looking tacos.
Royrogers61-69, M
You usually fold them over and then eat them like a sandwich. I usually eat from one end to the other.
Miram26-30, F
I am picturing you having this cultural clash in the restaurant. 馃槍 You close it tight and hold it horizontally and the pour food into your mouth like this

Or be a man and just do it like this

Royrogers61-69, M
Never seen that guess I like to eat politely [@542305,Miram]
Miram26-30, F
[@471995,Royrogers] I can tell you're fun at parties 馃槣
OogieBoogieF
This is the tje fun of tacos .
They ARE a mess to eat .

But it's the amazing texture and taste combinations that are worth it.
The solidity of the meat , the tang of tje salsa, the moist crispness of the lettuce, and the base crunch of the shell.

They ARE messy !!!

No doubt .

But the taste and texture combination is complete.
馃槉

Forget being neat and demure, just close your eyes and enjoy the gastronomic delight that they are馃槣
Kimchigirl31-35, F
You had bad tacos. I should make them for you
Gillian41-45, T
[@1201561,Kimchigirl] can't wait try your tacos (that just sounded so wrong...). I mean if I'm ever in Asia again one day and walk into your restaurant. Going to be the best in Asia!
Kimchigirl31-35, F
[@52436,Gillian] I'm going to do a step-by-step post here. Like I did with my chimichangas
hdiddle26-30, M
Best way is to hold them upright and start eating them from the edges towards the middle

But yeah, in addition it seems you got some lousy tacos. The cheese isn't even melted
Rokasu31-35, M
Literally looks like Taco Bell tacos, which is far from real tacos.
Kimchigirl31-35, F
[@16030,Rokasu] Agree
ClassifiedM
I didn't like them either, but food that resists isn't bad in itself, is it? 馃
basilfawlty8931-35, M
I dunno wtf that is, but it ain't real tacos. That said, hold them around the middle part and eat from the edges.
Kimchigirl31-35, F
[@23671,basilfawlty89] You need to critique mine hahaha
GLITTER31-35, F
Those tacos must have been constructed by a 2 year old.

My tacos are the BOMMMBBBB 馃尞
Kwek0036-40, M
[@610096,GLITTER] 馃悾
Poor guy. Being introduced to white ppl tacos Tilt your head to the side and bite the end of the taco. Also, corn tortillas is a great start to some good tacos. Then you need some good seasoned, flavorful meat. Last time I made tacos I marinated that shit for like 5 hours when I cooked it. It was a long process, but it was worth it. Then cilantro and onion and that鈥檚 it. You Dont need tomatoes lettuce any of that stuff. Stuff like that is only added as a distraction to bad tacos. All the flavor comes from the meat. You can dip it in some verde salsa or something like that tho, but it鈥檚 hard to find good verde salsa in my opinion. I use to go to this taco truck where I lived. Hands down best tacos I鈥檝e ever had in my life. All of their sauces were homemade, very thick and hot af 馃い. Nothing has ever been able to compete. Because, I鈥檝e been on the hunt for good tacos ever since I moved. Also, don鈥檛 give up on food so easily just from one bad experience. There鈥檚 so many ways to make food, and it鈥檚 cooked so differently giving up too early on something with that much variety is selling yourself short.
[image deleted]
[@428450,MaterialGirlCx] tbh the first time I tried tacos were probably white people tacos too. Given my first taco experience was as a child at Taco Bell 馃ぃ, BUT I DIDNT GIVE UP AND IM SO GLAD I DIDNT
Menas22-25, M
[@526701,Stark] Alright, I'll give it one more shot once I find that taco truck where you lived
[@236612,Menas] just move there. The tacos are worth it. Everything else sucks tho
That isn't a taco
Gangstress36-40, F
do you not eat with chappati lol

I always think of them as a massive bit of chapatti then scoop the food up
[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDM09Ud3STA]
Elessar26-30, M
Leave corn overseas, embrace the superior Mediterranean alternative 馃檶馃徎
Elessar26-30, M
[@526701,Stark] Well yeah, we're not big on corn over here, so tacos are sorta perceived as a less popular alternative to these.
basilfawlty8931-35, M
[@44863,Elessar] yeah, but the type means had wasn't even corn tacos, it was wheat. You do find wheat tacos sometimes in Northern Mexico, but corn is the most common.
Elessar26-30, M
[@23671,basilfawlty89] I didn't even know wheat tacos were a thing tbh, lol
Sibo19136-40, M
When eating the taco it's always best to mainly use your tongue. Making a bit of a mess is normally the preferred way to go.
JustcallmeNameless31-35, FVIP
[@502796,Sibo191] I call mine a taco. 馃槢

I Eat Food