I Wonder

is there really such large numbers of medicated, half-functioning people with "mental illness"?

or is there something deeper & more sinister going on? maybe this is an unnatural way of life???? what do you think?
NinjaBoy · 18-21, M
I think modern life has created more actual mental illness. But I also think a lot of it is the product of various societal pressures. We label a lot more things mental illness now, we’re obsessed with “wellness” and constantly comparing our lives with others, and we’re all pressured to take medications for any problem we may have.
lovelywarpedlemon · 26-30, F
[@1007030,NinjaBoy] thanks ✨
lovelywarpedlemon · 26-30, F
[@482591,CopperCicada] glad you are home safe ✨
All of the above.

Life is changing, neurotypical models are actually changing.

Mankind is losing empathy, avoiding reality and consequence and don't even understand that it is ourselves that give life meaning .

And what is a life without purpose ?
[@417823,lovelywarpedlemon] yes, I think we are entering an unprecedented shift in society and mankind's spiritual and emotional development...and it doesn't look good.
The industrial revolution will seem tiny compared to this. It opened up opportunities and connected people, but it had a social impact....big cities happened, and people became less connected.

It happening again, but this time , with the illusion that we still are.
But that 'connection' carries so little meaning, we can 'chat' all day, and still feel hollow .

Technology carries our intellect over oceans, yet we still haven't mastered connecting our souls.

So in a way, we are splitting ourselves spiritually in half.

De- evolving 😞
lovelywarpedlemon · 26-30, F
[@912138,OogieBoogie] i like to imagine time is happening in reverse & the Native Americans had it right
[@417823,lovelywarpedlemon] I believe they were one of the societies where we had it right.

The idea of 'ownership' has made man greedy , selfish and corrupt.

Out lives are just short enough that we can avoid experiencing the damage we cost the earth in our lifetime. And if you're money'd up enough, you can ignore the poor and desperate.

I Wonder
Other