I Wonder

would you do this to your baby? why/why not?

my mom did it to me when i was a baby. it was fine til i went away to nature camp for 2 weeks in elementary school, and i guess i never took my earrings out. cos one of the camp counselors had to help me.... after the earrings FUSED TO MY EARS LMAOOOO. after that traumatic experience i ended up leaving them out and had them re-pierced about a year later. it hurt!
LadyJ · 41-45, F
No..i think its wrong parents should wait untill they are older
lovelywarpedlemon · 26-30, F
[@1086727,LadyJ] i agree, it should be the kid's choice
LadyJ · 41-45, F
[@417823,lovelywarpedlemon] Exactly 👍👍
Adaydreambeliever · 56-60, FVIP
I don't have any strong feelings either way.. I think many cultures do have babies' ears pierced and it seems to work for them..

My sons never asked for or wanted their ears pierced.. and for my daughter I waited until she asked and was able to reasonably understand.. she was 8.
FCNantes · 18-21, M
No. It's a selfish/misunderstood move that doesn't appeal to me.
SpaceCreature · 22-25, F
I will wait till theyre older, just cause I want them to experience getting a piercing (and it's actually not that painful).
HannibalAteMeOut · 18-21, F
I don't think I would do anything unnecessary to a baby or child for cosmetic purposes, not that this one is particularly harmful, I just find it useless. Most of them will grow up curious and wanting to do it anyway so yeah... But I just don't think that babies have to be beautiful or pretty or anything. So that'd be up to my partner I guess.
CM440 · 51-55, C
I don't consider it a controversy, but a matter of choice. I had my ears pierced as an infant and did the same with my daughters. There were no problems and they started asking for more piercings as soon as they were old enough to understand.
FCNantes · 18-21, M
[@848627,CM440] You not considering it a controversy doesn't mean it's not a controversy.

I Wonder
Other