I Am Fascinated By Human Behavior

[c=#BF0000]The Narcissist Parent [/c]
What the narcissist parent lacks is the ability to imagine or care about what her children feel. A parent without empathy is like a surgeon operating with dull tools in poor lighting. The results are likely to produce scarring.

They play favorites and often find at least one of their children a disappointment. But the one child who reflects them well, by being handsome or pretty or athletic or intelligent, is the “anointed one” and enjoys a special relationship with narcissist mommy or daddy.

The child can feel as if they’re trapped in their parent’s mirror. And will struggle to see themselves through their own eyes.
8
|
Justsayit · 56-60, F
My grandmother was a narcissist who took away my mother's free will and ability to parent..very tragic!
This message was deleted.
TeresaRudolph71 · 46-50, F
This is very well said. I always tried to be good and do what I was supposed to do when I was growing up, but I was still the black sheep of the family. I was the disappointment. It took me a long time to finally realize that I wasn't really seeing myself through my own eyes, and longer still to do it. Sometimes I think I'm still learning.
Nerdsmith · 41-45, M
I wonder if there's any real recovery. My mother has been seeing a therapist for years and I still can't talk to her. I just can't take the "me, me, me, me!" song anymore.
Justsayit · 56-60, F
[@158479,Nerdsmith] no, there is no cure for personality disorders.
XDHyperGirlXD1 · 26-30, F
im fascinated by fried chicken and chocolate chip cookies :D
Harlow · 26-30, F
[@2620,XDHyperGirlXD1] 😂😂😂😂
But of course
XDHyperGirlXD1 · 26-30, F
[@893783,Harlow] SUPER COOKIE AWAY :D[image=https://photos1.similarworlds.com/00/00/00/00/01/44/22/00/XDHyperGirlXD1-CrEoqKI6bntDWZg.jpg]

I Am Fascinated By Human Behavior
Why do we do what we do?
Categories: Health

The Narcissist Parent What the narcissist ... | I Am Fascinated By Human Behavior | Similar Worlds