I Own a Car

Who might think that a portable "car-detailing" business can succeed?

Y know...a load of materials in back of your own car and u drive around looking for cars that need detailing and then slipping a business card under their wiper and a cell number to call u and then making a living this way??

Carrying some 5 gallon jugs of water in the back too??

Car detailing doesn't need power washing or even a hose.
Royrogers · 61-69, M
Do you mean car washing ?
[@471995,Royrogers] well u know how people talk these days

If I'm a "detailer" I'll probably earn more.

Its a yuppie word I think.

lol
Rooster · M
Personally. I would think it's a great idea and one that will do good. I know several people right now that wish there was one around!
[@527571,Rooster] Thank u for that encouragement.

I saw a vid the other nite about "car-detailing" and someone there said they did exactly that (ie: my idea)

so maybe I can pull this off too.

I have been totally WIPED out of the fucking "job" market

and fed up on STEROIDS!!!!
Rooster · M
[@1118414,SoapOperaglasses] Give it a shot! Just do real good detail work and you just might have a thriving business.
Max13 · 26-30, M
Sales ?
[@1211871,Max13] no its car washing on "yuppie-steroids" if u know what I mean lol
Max13 · 26-30, M
[@1118414,SoapOperaglasses] Yеs mу dеаr уоu mау wаsh саr it .
Talisman · 51-55, M
Car detailing can be considered more than suggested and not to be compared to your traditional bucket, soapy water, leather down and a quick vacuum.

The car detailer has the skills and tools to finish the car, including engine bay, to a near new appearance.it includes, paint colour correction for the body work to remove swirl marks, including polishing and wax finishing to make the detail last and make future washes much easier. Aluminium Wheels are completely rid of brake debris and tar on the inner and face. The interior and external plastics are cleaned and treated with gloss or matt agents. Contactless washing (snow foam) microfibre mits, grit protectors in buckets, steam and wet vac for interiors are all part of the kit. It's a growing profession and past time. Good luck to all those detailers out there
Talisman · 51-55, M
I forgot to mention, detailing products are huge growth area. Try and look for you tube videos on detailing. Old car barn finds being transformed through detailing are incredibly addictive to watch lol
I know a couple that do well. 🙂
[@1118414,SoapOperaglasses] One washes RV's. He advertises at local camp grounds. He brings his own water with him and he is booked every day. The other guy only advertises by word of mouth. He could do much better if he would actually advertise.
[@78387,Stereoguy] no car painting for me until I get good at the rest of it and have trusting customers

though painting small areas is also considered detailing
[@1118414,SoapOperaglasses] Oh, okay. I was referring to washing and cleaning vehicles.
uncalled4 · 51-55, M
Definitely could work!

I Own a Car