I Need a Vacation

This is the worst vacation ever....

My stepson is really struggling. My wife is understandably upset and worried, which translates to anger at everyone else about everything. We're trying to do a staycation (had to cancel other plans for travel because of a death in the family a couple weeks ago), but it's lousy weather so plans keep changing and getting cancelled. I can't even get to the beach or out on the boat. It's pretty much my first vacation of the year and the level of tension is so high this place is gonna explode. I am not in a happy place.
ChampagneOnIce46-50, F
You work so hard and deserve a good vacation. You need one, and I am so sorry your week off has been stressful so far. I hope it gets better. Can you play some piano to wall yourself off with some music for a while? 馃様馃
InOtterWordsF
You need your wind down time.

Will your wife understand you going off by yourself for a couple of days ?
Harmonium192351-55, M
[@406205,InOtterWords] Not at the moment. Normally I can achieve that through business travel but with the pandemic I鈥檝e had no trips at all in 18 months. To be fair she really does need my support now. I may be struggling but she鈥檚 having a much harder time and is less emotionally stable to begin. I鈥檓 ok. I just needed to vent.
InOtterWordsF
[@372263,Harmonium1923] vent away 馃

I Need a Vacation
Travel