When to Let go and when to Move on…?

Letting go may be the hardest thing to do...but it is also the most courageous, specially when you love someone so much.

But if you love yourself, you will be willing to let go.

Why? For freedom.

You want to give the freedom for him to decide if he wants to be with you. And he can only do that if he has the space to think things through, not when he is pressured to make an expected choice.

You'd rather be with someone who chooses to be with you, than someone who is just staying because he didn't want to hurt you.

If he CHOOSES YOU, he will give you the kind of love you deserve. And that's what you really want.....not someone who is not there.

It is worst to miss someone who is physically with you, but with his heart somewhere else...

Let go.

Only in letting go will you find the true answers...

Let go and find the love you deserve. 🙂 ❤️

*This was my reply to a friend on Facebook. She is torn between letting go and staying in a relationship where she doesn’t feel valued.
liloleme123 · 51-55, M
Listen to your mind or listen to your heart. In the end the heart will win. But at what cost to your mind.
liloleme123 · 51-55, M
[@660851,CookieCrumbs] i guess the soul munching decisions tend to be relationship decisions. As in my case. I guess the smaller the decision, easier it is to live with.
CookieCrumbs · 41-45, F
[@844019,liloleme123]
Soul munching decisions are not alway relationship related ones.

Major life choices, such as relocating to a different city, pursuing a totally new career, are examples.
liloleme123 · 51-55, M
[@660851,CookieCrumbs] i agree. I'm just going from my experience.
BreezeyBree · 56-60, F
I hope she tried to option of talking it through and telling him how she feels. I'm not one to let go if things can be worked out. Too many let go or walk away.
CookieCrumbs · 41-45, F
[@1210541,BreezeyBree]
I feel the same way. I can’t just easily walk away when I believe there is still some hope.

It’s been an ongoing thing for her. It is sad to watch someone say they’re letting go and later on would say they can’t.
masterofyou · 90-99, M

Just tell her to let it go and move on..
CookieCrumbs · 41-45, F
[@7393,masterofyou]
I have always liked that quote…. Thank you 😊
ChampagneOnIce · 46-50, F
It reminds me of that old poem that always used to irritate me. 😄 I’ve let go or walked away many times, and it’s always been for the best.
[@660851,CookieCrumbs] [c=004A59]I found thru the years, that the right decision for me always turned out to be the one that didn't keep me up all night worrying. It's the one where no matter how difficult or painful, I could go to bed that night, turn out the light, and rest peacefully.[/c]
CookieCrumbs · 41-45, F
[@1217106,Vampyr]
That’s true as well.

I understood what my boss meant with that statement. We know in our hearts what is good for us, and we feel conflicted when we are considering something we know is wrong.
[@660851,CookieCrumbs] [c=004A59]My mind is treacherous. It argues that certain tempting experiences would be good for me. My heart on the other hand [i]knows[/i] what's best and right.
It's too bad I don't follow it more often.[/c]
Synyster · 46-50, M
[quote]You'd rather be with someone who chooses to be with you, than someone who is just staying because he didn't want to hurt you.[/quote]

This is most definitely true. For myself, I've decided to move on as well, sometimes it's about YOU not them.
CookieCrumbs · 41-45, F
[@795132,Synyster]
When the time is right and the circumstances call for it, letting go and moving on could be the best gift you can give yourself and others.
Spaceshipcaptain · 41-45, M
Love does not cage us, it actually sets us free, it allows us to bond and connect at a level that is different. A True love love capture the heart and soul. If that person is unable to value her heart and soul then she must move on and not waster her precious moments and feelings on someone unappreciative of her.
CookieCrumbs · 41-45, F
[@518144,Spaceshipcaptain]
I agree. There are so many people in this world. Lots of choices and possibilities.

There is no point staying and waiting to be appreciated by someone who does not see your worth.
SweetMae · 61-69, F
That was a very insightful answer. You are a good friend to her.

I must trust my instincts and my intellectual mind as well as my heart.
CookieCrumbs · 41-45, F
[@10109,SweetMae]
My reply was coming from a point of view of finding one’s strength to make a decision that’s good for her.

She knows it, but is second guessing her own choices.
Ferric67 · M
Great advice
In letting go, we are actually setting ourselves free from the bond of love to get united with the universal feeling of love which in itself is liberating.
JoyfulSilence · 46-50, M
I want somebody to grab hold of me!
JoyfulSilence · 46-50, M
[@518144,Spaceshipcaptain]

Police ladies and nurses can love me, too!

As long as the police ladies removes their pistols. Guns scare me.
Spaceshipcaptain · 41-45, M
[@68716,JoyfulSilence] There is no guarantee, they would assess your physical and mental state and then decide how to handle you. Physical force may be required.
JoyfulSilence · 46-50, M
[@518144,Spaceshipcaptain]

Well, I am fine.

I just want to be loved, is that so wrong?
smiler2012 · 56-60, M
{cookiecrumbs ] basically in a nutshell i when a relation ends and all doors have shut. there is nowhere to go it is time to let go . no point clinging on and trying to be happy when neither side is
CookieCrumbs · 41-45, F
[@3749,smiler2012]
You’re saying that being apart would make them happier, choose that?
smiler2012 · 56-60, M
[@660851,CookieCrumbs] yes there is no point dragging out when there is no future
masterofyou · 90-99, M
[@660851,CookieCrumbs] Here is another that I used on one of my posts on the very same subject..

I have been in a toxic relationship that I finally moved on. So I understand what some people go through... 😐
CookieCrumbs · 41-45, F
[@7393,masterofyou]
Peace. It’s a luxury for some.

It’s within reach. And a choice can make.

We just have to learn to let go.

Thank you for sharing this beautiful quote.😍
masterofyou · 90-99, M
[@660851,CookieCrumbs] 💞
rainguy · 41-45, M
This is the best read I've had all day
CookieCrumbs · 41-45, F
[@593738,rainguy]
Thank you my dear friend….

I was editing that for posting while we
were talking about coffee ☕️
rainguy · 41-45, M
[@660851,CookieCrumbs] 😊
Reject · 26-30, M
I never could let go.
CookieCrumbs · 41-45, F
[@471800,Reject]
Do you understand why you can’t?
Reject · 26-30, M
[@660851,CookieCrumbs] Some things just mean too much to you. They become so intrinsically interwoven into your soul that it’s impossible to unwind.

I Am Letting Go And Moving On
Emotional Health Health