Food

Miram is three ingredients away from being able to make curry powder and do Indian recipes again 馃構

I need green cardamom ,onion powder and curry leaves.

I already made garlic powder. I got fenugreek seeds,cumin seeds, fennel seeds, mustard seeds, bay leafs, turmeric,cinnamon, anise, red pepper and black pepper.馃檹
ClassifiedM
Sounds very spicy 馃槷
ClassifiedM
[@542305,Miram] That's generous. 馃槃
I can't handle spicy. 馃ズ
Miram26-30, F
[@444927,Classified] Me too. I can only handle small quantity of spicy indian food. I get sick otherwise.
ClassifiedM
[@542305,Miram] You're allergic to it? 馃槬
Adrift56-60, F
Sounds good.
You made garlic powder? You dry and grind your own herbs?
Miram26-30, F
[@1137758,UnderLockDown] yes, I dried them exactly like I dry fruits in the oven.

With indians spices though you have to roast the seeds before grinding. We don't do that in Africa usually.
i like when Miram refers to herself in the third person 馃構
InOtterWordsF
Did you get those from plants or bought from the shop?
Miram26-30, F
[@406205,InOtterWords] Fennel , cumin seeds, anise and bay leafs are from local plants. The rest I bought 馃槍 I made garlic and will try making onions from our own farm. Red peppers were also made from the farm.

I have to wait for the curry leafs and ask about the availability of the other ingredient.
InOtterWordsF
[@542305,Miram] I am so impressed
Curry is about the only spicy food that i care for but only in moderation and only occasionally.
Curry chicken and Curry shrimp are good 馃構
JoeyFoxx51-55, M
Sounds good so far! Is this your own recipe? Or did you get it from your mom?
Miram26-30, F
[@802348,JoeyFoxx] LMAO, my mother is very religious. She believes Hindus and everyone else including me will go to hell. I haven't talked to her in almost 7 years.

I got the recipe from an Indian friend. 馃嚚馃嚠
JoeyFoxx51-55, M
[@542305,Miram] I feel like I should have known this.

So, back to the curry. Once you have it assembled, what are you planning to make?
Miram26-30, F
[@802348,JoeyFoxx] There is a long list. I will start with Bengali recipes for chicken curry, kashmiri mutton curry and prawn malai curry because I have done them before and want my uncle to have them.

I have read a recipe of egg curry which I've never had, and another one for chicken vindaloo curry which I am curious about because it's mixture of sweet and spicy. I will probably do a lot of things, but mainly meat stuff.
You really should be a chef, your cooking skills are awesome 馃憣
Miram26-30, F
[@349735,onestarrynight] You are very biased. But I will accept that 馃榿
[@542305,Miram]
I'm simping to the max!
馃槀
I actually thought curry was it's own spice..
Shows how smart i am 馃槀
Miram26-30, F
[@349735,onestarrynight] It's common to think that. Spices can be confusing. Ras al hanout is native mixture of spices and I am sure my siblings think it's a single one.
[@542305,Miram]
I have a bottle of curry powder in my cupboard, i use it for shrimp and bratwurst.
Miram26-30, F
[@349735,onestarrynight] I have done that too. It goes so well with shrimps 馃憣 I love it
cherokeepatti61-69, F
Yum, that sounds really good for curry powder.
cherokeepatti61-69, F
You need ginger but you can add fresh when cooking curry, it helps me with heartburn when I am cooking Indian food.
Iwantyourhotwife18-21, F
Have you ever met man who promised you free cumin seeds? Then when you enter home to retrieve them they pull down pants and say 鈥渉ere is your cum and seeds if you want them?鈥

If I had a knife with me I would have had collected them not the way he wished, instead only kicking his one treasured possession.

Sometimes I hate this world.
Iwantyourhotwife18-21, F
[@542305,Miram] mais... ce n'est pas humour!!! Real events. My life is full of such bizarre moments. Such bizarre men. Hommes...
Miram26-30, F
[@1187669,Iwantyourhotwife] Kill ur penis!!
Iwantyourhotwife18-21, F
[@542305,Miram] In fact I will kill the next boner which will come towards me with the hopes of getting his cumin seeds inside my cave!!!

Food