Food

Do you have tea with meat?

It is a regular thing in north africa. They've always believed it stops the body from absorbing fats..And there is a little bit of current science suggesting it does lower absorption.
I like sun tea.

[@542305,Miram] 😘
GunFinger · 41-45, F
[@605647,DarkHeaven] that is so refreshing, now I'm thirsty!🙂
[@542305,Miram] black tea tastes so much smoother when it is made with cold water and set in the sun to brew.
CheshireCatalyst · 36-40, M
Hungry now
CheshireCatalyst · 36-40, M
[@542305,Miram] I'm really trying hard not to make any innuendo here.
Miram · 26-30, F
[@337880,CheshireCatalyst] I thought about that after i pressed enter.
CheshireCatalyst · 36-40, M
[@542305,Miram] I'm currently primed to find innuendo everywhere anyway, but this was low hanging fruit
Yeap :v
Tis a North Aftican thing indeed
Miram · 26-30, F
[@596681,TheBlackPowerRanger] It unites us!
[@542305,Miram] 🙌🏾
We deserve to be after all the turmoil that exists, right?

The power of TEA!
Gangstress · 36-40, F
😭 Miram all these culinary delights 😭 gimme lol
Miram · 26-30, F
[@467717,Gangstress] I swear I would 🤗 I love sharing my food, in fact I have no appetite otherwise.
PerthSurfer · 46-50, M
It does sound yum. Another thing going for it is that there's basically zero carbs.
Classified · M
No, just meat without tea
It's not a thing here but those kebabs look yum yum yummy 😋
Cottage cheese also helps lower absorption... Maybe not mix it with tea and meat though 😂
MilitantIrishman · 26-30, M
I have tea with pretty much everything
Miram · 26-30, F
[@8731,CallMeDex] even hamburgers and tacos?
MilitantIrishman · 26-30, M
[@542305,Miram] I've only ever eaten tacos once but yeah, I'd have tea with both if I got the chance 😆
AuRevoir · 31-35, M
I just drink tea after a meal usually.. 👀
HannibalAteMeOut · 18-21, F
What meat is that? 🤤
Over here we have wine to prevent heart disease 😅
Miram · 26-30, F
[@8344,HannibalAteMeOut] Beef and mutton because I run out of beef 😌

Sounds good to me 😂
HannibalAteMeOut · 18-21, F
[@542305,Miram] you're like an expert roaster 😋 I miss doing that with my family
Nanori · 26-30, F
We have tea with everything 👀
basilfawlty89 · 31-35, M
I don't eat meat, bit perhaps tea will go well with soya? Personally my favourite tea is Earl Grey.
Miram · 26-30, F
[@23671,basilfawlty89] Yes, I had to google that brand, black tea inhibits iron absorption but soy has heme iron and it works differently.
Scarlett · 16-17, F
it if does, I wouldn't be this fat ;-;
Yurihhh · 26-30, M
That looks delicious!😋
I think that it aids in digestion. I drink green tea every day and it’s very helpful.
Is that lamb, beef or camel meat?
[@542305,Miram] they said the flavor was bad. I wouldn’t even attempt to try it.
Miram · 26-30, F
[@16806,cherokeepatti] The contrary. Camel meat is really delicious, it tasts lot like beef to me with a different texture.

You have to be careful though. There are lot of scams, so who knows if it was camel or it was an old poor donkey
[@542305,Miram] I wouldn’t eat it because it has a split hoof. I am very particular about meat.
I believe tea will block the absorption of iron too, I know black tea will but not sure about green tea.
Miram · 26-30, F
[@16806,cherokeepatti] Yes but not from meat. It blocks non heme iron. Meat has heme iron.
It's just in our genes to put keetles on barbeue grills or bonfires. That's the only way I would drink red tea. Otherwise I prefer green tea. Red tea causes me low blood pressure for some reason.
[@10788,PiecingMeBackTogether] Is red tea the same as rooibos tea?
Miram · 26-30, F
[@10788,PiecingMeBackTogether] same, it works by stopping an enzyme responsible for contracting blood vessels.
[@16806,cherokeepatti] I never heard of rooibos tea tbh but it looks too red almost like hibiscus. Yea it's different from the traditional red tea which actually is more brownish or black actually when it's too concentrated we call it black tea or ink tea.
We always had tea with meals when I was young, not so much now.
Y'all have a lot of Teepee going on.
Miram · 26-30, F
[@935348,NightsWatch] 😌 which is good

Food