If they like you only for your looks they really don't like you.

Cause looks are something you are born with or that you get with by artificial means . Nothing special or entirely yours , nothing unique. But if they like you for your personality.. They're seeing within you. And then it's that they really like you.
They like me for my boobs
GaiiaF
[@949508,V00dooCakeNinja] shallow monsters hahaha 馃槅
JohnnyNoirM
[@949508,V00dooCakeNinja] more like love you for your boobs
Well, yeah.
GaiiaF
[@1182547,johndoe1994] mhm. Then you wonder if there's someone that really liked how you are.
LadyJ41-45, F
Very true!...apart from Tom Hardy i dont care what his personality is like i just want to stare at him for days lol 馃槏馃ぃ
GaiiaF
[@1086727,LadyJ] at least can be an eye candy...
LadyJ41-45, F
[@536386,Gaiia] 馃き馃憤
ViperM
Very true, if looks are truely the only reason they like a person.

Though one has to also remember, it's harder to talk about the personality, and sometimes someone will absolutely love someone's personality, but talk about their good looks, because they're sky, or can't come up with the right words, because talking about their looks is easier.

So some (maybe a minority) will talk about looks, just as a way to get closer while liking the personality, or wanting to get to know the person more, especially if they're a private or shy or introverted or reserved personality.
GaiiaF
[@800884,Viper] I know, but atraction based only on looks lasts as much as the looks last. So no much 馃槅
I want them to like me for both. Take the time to know me and give me time to know them.
GaiiaF
[@44604,Aidolovemostofyourthoughts] mhm.. And accept each other with all those imperfections and wonderful things that make us human.. And different..
[@536386,Gaiia] Although that does seem idealistic, I know. But that is the direction I prefer.
DunningKruger56-60, M
Ninety percent of attraction is personality.
GaiiaF
[@10617,DunningKruger] mm glad for you it's like that
summersongF
It鈥檚 nice to be appreciated for both but only being seen for how I look can be frustrating.
GaiiaF
[@334441,summersong] some people seem to only want a partner that looks good, like an accessory or something 馃槓
IssaJokeC
I wish I could post things like this but my personalities ruin it hahaha

Anyways, I agree. Looks can only go so far and there is always someone "prettier", "sexier", "riskier", etc

Looks won't keep anyone interested or any job safe.
GaiiaF
[@1041230,AnnaOof] hahaha you're sweet.
And I agree..
Yes. That's the only reason I always get rejected. I am ugly and I wont be loved.
GaiiaF
[@1158409,littlepuppywantanewlife] then your personality probably isn't helpful at all.
[@536386,Gaiia] I am very nice to people.
fun4us2b61-69, M
Someone I dated a lot in school told me she loved me, but just wasn't that attracted to me...(ugh that was insulting) years later at a reunion, she wasn't there but one of her friends told me that my old flame said that up to this day, she regretted not staying with me...gratifying to hear, but didn't change what happened...here I am 61 still wondering
SweetMae61-69, F
I agree with you. Personality matters!
hotandcoolF
looks like matters too as personality.
GaiiaF
[@1180286,hotandcool] no, for me it's not like that at all. Their appearance wouldn't change what I've felt, what would change is other kind of things like lies. Atraction love and connection for me are very deep concepts. I tend to love their mind.. And it's not something just to say it it's been my experience so far.. 馃That there have been physically good looking guys that I just didn't seem to feel anything for.
GaiiaF
[@1180286,hotandcool] not talking only of the internet btw though in internet you can see a deeper side usually... And I like that
BlueVeins18-21, M
I think most people can agree that being liked [i]only[/i] for your looks is insufficient, but you could make the exact same argument about personality. Like looks, some of your personality is inborn (i.e. basic triats like introversion/extroversion, neuroticism, openness) and some of it is artificial (i.e. social experiences, media consumed). No personality trait is truly unique; maybe certain very particular mannerisms, but not personality itself. And before someone says that social experiences aren't artificial, they are artificial in that they're a consequence of human activity and I'd challenge you to ask yourself how they're any LESS artificial than things like exercise and hygiene.
GaiiaF
[@4199,BlueVeins] you really think there's a person with exactly your same personality? I find it interesting this topic
BlueVeins18-21, M
[@536386,Gaiia] Depends how exact you wanna go, but yeah, pretty much. Like, people's life experience can be broadly categorized pretty neatly. I went to a US high school and there were something like 76 million students enrolled at my time of graduation, and then you'd have to add in other countries with similar systems (which I'm too lazy to do). I'm in uni right now and there's some 20 million college students, again in the US alone. There are some 78 million vegans all across the world and 19.2 million people who currently have asthma in the US.

My point is, while everyone's life experiences are unique, in general, they're not [i]that[/i] unique. Like if I had the time and resources, I could probably find someone with very, very similar life experiences to myself. And based on that, you'd think I could definitely find a personality look-alike, since life experiences influence personality. There'd be some details changed, like maybe they'd prefer coffee while I prefer tea, or maybe they'd live in the suburbs while I live in the sticks. But you know, similar enough in general that most people would consider the resemblance to be striking.

And I also bet that if you took each individual personality trait of mine, you could find another person with that same personality trait to a point where it's indistinguishable. But that's much more speculative, of course, because isolating a personality trait is effectively impossibble. I just think it's kind of like the snowflake problem where an individual personality trait doesn't have the complexity needed to be truly unique in a large population, if that makes sense.
GaiiaF
[@4199,BlueVeins] interesting
MajorlatencyM
Luckily I don't have to rely on my looks, so I pull all the stops out in other areas.

I am obviously drawn to others looks, but I do need a combination of looks and other factors to be attracted....
GaiiaF
[@325375,Majorlatency] hahaha this post made me remember how beautiful is pets love 馃槅how loyal they are 馃槅馃槅馃槅馃ぃ馃ぃ
MajorlatencyM
[@536386,Gaiia] Yes, they have unconditional love. (Providing you feed them!) I'm lucky with my animals. They give me a lot of happiness..
GaiiaF
[@325375,Majorlatency] yep I've heard it's cause one feeds them mhm.
PhpPhoenix31-35, M
Very well said!
Diesel9536-40, MVIP
Well it's a good job then my girls love this teddy bear for what matters
Savagesix36-40, M
So true

I See Beauty