I Pretend I'm Okay

I’m weird that way

I stood in the rain last night.

As I was sitting on the porch, listening to the thunder roll, I watched the rain move across the field toward me. It reminded me of all the tears I cry for both everything and nothing…the struggle I have between my heart and my mind over the controllable and uncontrollable.

So I just walked outside. Out of the shelter of my porch and into my yard. Completely exposed and standing in the path of the rain. I’m not sure what I was hoping for or expecting. A bolt of lightning to strike and open the ground to swallow me? The thunder to shake me to my knees into some kind of submission? Maybe the rain to wash me clean so I could start life anew? It did none of those things.

Instead, the rain lightened it’s force and moved over me as only a light shower. The water covered me softly instead of in the torrents I was expecting and accepting of.

Maybe I just needed a warm, cleansing embrace and not the frigid battering I thought was due.

Anyway…I stood in the rain yesterday. And it wasn’t as I expected.
Rooster · M
Rain? What's that? Haven't seen any of that in ages!
Maybe you just needed nature to help cleanse your soul. Or something thereabouts. If you felt better afterwards? Then Nature did it's job. 😊
Pinkstarburst · 51-55, F
[@6757,questionWeaver] I held my mustard seed in the palm of my hand hoping it would sprout.
Coletracer · M
Sometimes it's just something to do
I love walking in a light rain
SageWanderer · 70-79, M
Your not really weird in that way. The Jewish religion has a Mikvah which is a ritual cleansing in natural water like from rain collected from the synagogue roof. They say we are attracted to water like oceans, lakes and rivers because that is where we originated.
I hope the rain washed away the negatives for you. Nature decided you needed a gentle wash not a punishing cleaning.
Iamonfire666 · 31-35, F
You aren’t weird, you are human 💕.
Montanaman · M
Next opportunity, peel all your clothes off and Dance. Let the rain was away your demons.
Dance 💃🤗🥰😘💋

I Pretend I'm Okay
Health Loneliness