I Believe In Encouragement

Do yourself a favor...

Stop relying on others to be the source of your happiness. If you can rely on yourself, and stand on your own two feet, when people come into your life, they'll be a bonus instead of under constant pressure to validate you.
It's okay to love yourself. It's worth it.
pentacorn · F Best Comment
loving myself despite my shortcomings, and others despite their's, no matter what... is my solace.

"Light of the world, shine on me. Love is the answer."
pentacorn · F
[@72117,Degbeme] you are truly beautiful, Deggy Dearest. 💜
Degbeme · 61-69, M
[@664411,pentacorn]
pentacorn · F
[@72117,Degbeme]

reflectingmonkey · 46-50, M
so true. as an adolescent i didn't understand self-love and one day someone said "self-love is like being your own best friend, treat yourself the way you would treat your best friend". it was like an epiphany, and I suddenly got it. been trying my best to do this ever since.
ZenPearl · F
[@9310,reflectingmonkey] I was dumb as a kid..🤣
Notanymore · 36-40, M
Ha. If you had to live with me you'd know why I'm insufferable to myself
ZenPearl · F
[@519030,Notanymore] I feel like that sometimes, especially because I'm sick, and I'm whiny today because I've been throwing up a lot..you seem like a nice guy, what I've seen here.
You are absolutely right
ZenPearl · F
[@1207913,Handmaidssnail] Thank you
Bri89 · 31-35, M
I really could have used this advice back in 2019. People kept on telling me not to make another person the source of my happiness and look for it from within. I continued to dismiss them because I believed that one could only be happy with someone else.

Now fast forward two years and I fully understood where they were coming from. I wasted so much time trying to be happy with someone else, but now I know that one can be happy without being in a relationship.
ZenPearl · F
[@1201485,Bri89] it's timeless advice
Iamonfire666 · 31-35, F
You are so right about this.
ZenPearl · F
[@10165,Iamonfire666] I try lol! Thank you. If nothing else, I'll have funny stories
Iamonfire666 · 31-35, F
[@674752,ZenPearl] we always need funny stories because with what is happening in the world a laugh is always welcomed.
ZenPearl · F
[@10165,Iamonfire666] I laugh at myself every day.
The other day when I was working at the hospital, a code sounded. I ran right out of my shoes to the patient's room lol
Gaiia · F
In the end one always only has oneself, but some days are just darker.
ZenPearl · F
[@536386,Gaiia] Exactly.
Well said Zenster
ZenPearl · F
[@1204672,Mastermeister] it took me a long time to figure this out. I hope it helps someone
WandererTony · 51-55, M
Pearls of wisdom from the Zen! 🤗😇
ZenPearl · F
[@1199643,WandererTony] 🤗❤
Magenta · F
Spot on.
I think so many rely far too heavily on others. It's close to dependency and not healthy. Self sufficiency is a gift.
ZenPearl · F
[@1173,Magenta] I did, for years. My self esteem was based on what others thought of me.
I must be getting old, because I don't care. I always try to be kind, and operate reasonably.
Magenta · F
[@674752,ZenPearl] Maybe we all did that too much when young.
Indeed! Aging changes something within us. 💕
Willyp063 · 61-69, M
A great reminder to everyone. Thanks!
Peaches · F
It took me many years to learn this one. 🤗💫
ZenPearl · F
[@364304,Peaches] same, Sister!🤗❤

I Believe In Encouragement
Everyone could use some encouragement--try it and see!