I Think Wtf

Do you know anyone who accuses others of what they themselves are guilty of?

Why do they do that? Is it out of defense or something?

My husbands uncle who is a low form of person. ( stolen & pawned dead loved ones wedding bands etc, had friends break into a home he was staying at rent free to steal TVs, spit on the person who let him stay with them then scared of her sons locked them all out & called the police on them for being mean, pushed a pregnant woman to the ground, stole from his parents home multiple times, generally abusive to everyone when the mood strikes)

He’s decided to come say goodbye to his dying mother. He didn’t spend time with her without ulterior motives & once he stopped having success he stopped visiting. He came to her death bed & asked her dozens of questions. When the family explained she couldn’t answer them because her mind was failing along with everything else he went off in a huff. ( fine by me honestly ) Later though when my husband took everyone out for a meal he started a fight saying my husband didn’t do enough for his grandmother & questioned why he didn’t visit her more etc. First off my husband & his grandmother are likely the closest in the family. Secondly up until our move two years ago he still did their lawn work free of charge since he was a kid weekly. Attending church with his grandparents each Sunday & taking them out for lunch after. Once we moved they spoke in the phone regularly & he’s been back to visit four times. I know my husband’s been there as much as he can. I know his uncles full of crap & just a nasty person. But I don’t understand where this sort of thing comes from.
Quimliqer · 61-69, M
From low self esteem!
MotherHubbard · 56-60, F
Sociopathic people can do it almost non stop. They mirror what might be your attitude if you were allowed to have one. When they're torturing you, the people looking on will swear you're the one doing it.
toddr13 · 41-45, M
Narcissists also practice this for of projection.
Magenta · F
Oh yes.
I think it's lack of self awareness/no self honesty and projection or deflection.

I Think Wtf