I Have a British Accent
Only logged in members can view the full post, comments, images and videos.
West Country accent rocks

Like Tom Kerridge
devonman · 61-69, M
It poorest “ use “ is I in Tv and film drama. They teach drama students an accent called “
mummerset “ A hybrid of Cornish and Somerset . Think pantomime Long John Silver ! ,
Ooh Arh , me hearties! [@997084,PrincessKelly]
[@11492,devonman] I love how he sounds
devonman · 61-69, M
Me too ! [@997084,PrincessKelly]
Harriet03 · 41-45, F
We don't all sound like Mary Poppins! 🤷‍♀️
devonman · 61-69, M
Brit accents vary so much . The American accent is said to be the ultimate West Country accent .
ninalanyon · 61-69, T
[@11492,devonman] Yes but the American accent varies across the country too. It's only the coast of the Carolinas, especially the Outer Banks, that really sound very similar to the West Country. And of course West Country is quite variable too, my accent is Wiltshire; at least it was, been out of the country for more than thirty years now so I daresay it has changed a bit.
ninalanyon · 61-69, T
It seems that most of it has worn off now. Had a long conversation with a new friend (met on SW and then in person) and they said that my speech is very neutral. Probably comes from spending half my life outside the country.

It's odd how difficult it is to hear one's own accent or lack of it from the inside.

I Have a British Accent