I Am Thinking

Changing my mind

I just found out that I can transfer to Wyoming. The company I work for doesn’t have an office out there, but they’re hiring people for remote positions, which I’m doing now anyway.
No state income tax is a must any place I move, so I’d only consider a few states anyway. I never considered Wyoming; I was eying Texas.
Then, looking at homes in WY... 🧐😱 I can afford this lunacy. I’ll do more research, but I’m enthused about this idea.
chuck7882 · 56-60, M
Sounds exciting! Good luck!
[@701409,chuck7882] Thank you. 🙂
curiosi · 56-60, F
I've never been there but seen pics, it looks beautiful.
jackj · 56-60, M
Dick Cheney country!
[@1158,jackj] Oh no. 🤔
jackj · 56-60, M
It’s a huge state [@1188491,ColonelPringle]
always good to look at options, but one angle to consider is what you might do next if this job closes down. and also find out if they'll change your salary based on where you live. e.g. they know the cost of living is lower in wy or wherever, my work place recently talked about turning down salaries based on that. I think the company bought some smaller companies based out of like... I dunno NYC with a few remote people in IA. then found they had remote workers in IA being paid NYC based salaries as well as some local office people that had salary based on what was normal for the state.

and I think it's often a good policy to think of your existing job as able to go away at any given moment... so wy might be attractive right now, if something changed that you very much wanted to leave your job or even had to, it'd be good to have an eye towards what your next job might be.
[@887863,enkidu] Yes. Good advice to consider.
Beatbox34 · 26-30, M
All the best.
HannahSky · F
Yellowstone
[@868864,HannahSky] I’d finally see it. 😃
HannahSky · F
[@1188491,ColonelPringle] it's worth it, beautiful park 🏞
Montanaman · M
Whispers...Montana. 🤠😎

I Am Thinking
A group for people to share what they are thinking at this moment
Beliefs Health