#LesbianVisibilityDay

Please note the correct flag and do not insult many groups, like the #translesbian I am, by using the "toothpaste" flag shown at the right.

Many of us have fought long and hard to get recognition in a group that despises us. And not just the #transcommunity . More than that.

On #twitter I may post some pics of me I'll not show anyplace else. There is a #strong #translesbian community there. #transpeople are #unfairly targeted on Facebook by fb bots. Read: pieces of metal. Screw their hate.

And no I do not care about anyone's curiosity or what they wish to ask so just don't.

#happylesbianvisibilityday to those that are that---besides me.

PeachesF
Thanks for educating me, 馃 I wasn't aware of the flags and never knew about the "toothpaste" thing but it makes sense when you explain it.馃挀 So much has changed since my aunt Pat died, she had to hide who she was because it wasn't acceptable...especially in the army! She'd be happy to see all the changes now. 馃グ
[@364304,Peaches] I'm glad that this helped educate you. So much has changed over the recent years--LGBTQ at times seems as it if change in motion as we identify and express better of who we are.
Thank you for spreading the awareness and teaching us what鈥檚 right and what鈥檚 not. I think I learned a thing or two from this post.

So informative...馃槆馃憤 Excellent post, E.
[@372543,Vivaci] Thank You for reading it. I love the inclusion as so many- not just translesbians, were excluded from the toothpaste flag many adhere/adhered to.

Old lesbians rebukes this of course. Young ones are fine with it. Many, who have been marginalized before see this as hope for real change.

I have a transgender and a lesbian (correct colors) face mask. One of each. I wear the lesbian one far more when I am out and around. It's more true to who I am.

I'm glad this was informative to you and that you came away from it richer than before.
I did indeed! Have more respect for those who are proud of their identity and embrace it. 馃檶

Especially YOU! 馃馃挒[@7789,Elandra77]
LucyFuhr51-55, F
This could be a stupid question and I apologize in advance if it is; what do you mean by "toothpaste" flag?
[@8345,LucyFuhr] My pleasure. As an LGBTQIA+ community organizer in my county and state this is just part of what I do.
LucyFuhr51-55, F
[@7789,Elandra77] Have a lovely #LesbianVisibilityDay 馃
[@8345,LucyFuhr] Thank You.
Carla61-69, F
I've been a lesbian all my life. And never invisible.
I just never needed a flag, or any particular symbol to define me.鉁
[@548295,Carla] I'm 64. I never recall needing a flag as well.. In the 60's none of the LGBTQ communities were respected by western culture. Then the 2nd feminists started drawing lines. (I'ma a 2nd wave feminist!) .Betty Friedman would not let lesbians join NOW--the National Organization of Women when she started it and she called then "The lavender menage" Thus comes the first color of a lesbian flag. She was afraid lesbians would take over NOW. Gays were seen as sick as this time. Bi were confused. Transgender had mental illnesses. ---every assumption was untrue and never stated in fact or realty.

So I see flags as being vital -and necessary for each group as it show acceptance, attention, visibility, and place ina community that for years shunned them.

Short reply. It could have been longer.
I鈥檒l carry whatever flag you tell me to. I trust you to lead me to the most inclusive one. 馃枻
[@605647,DarkHeaven] Thank You. I think the 5 colors on the top left is most acceptable and has become very identifiable. The left bottom is also fine but definitions are not generally in it. My face mask is the 5 colour one. The others seek to exclude and that says more of the person using it than at face surface.

And I understand-as many read what the 5 color flag entails, there may be some confusion and a lot of questions. He/him lesbians have been medically noted for some time yet we hardly hear of it. Non-binary always seems to be forgotten or assumed trans. Even Butch's never felt welcome as they saw it as more of a femme orientated flag.

Thanks for being open minded. I'm a femme translesbian (you have seen me!) but when I came home from the 2019 Ohio Lesbian Festival--an all female event- I looked like a butch--I have to laugh at those pics as I ask myself "what did those women do to ME!???" lol
SpaceJesus41-45, M
Hmm. Reminds me of Starburst candies. I approve!
[@717388,GaiusJuliusCaesar] There is a similarity.Today is a day for visibility and celebration.
SpaceJesus41-45, M
[@7789,Elandra77] Yay! Love for the ladies!
Keepitsimple51-55, F
I鈥檓 not loving the orange if I鈥檓 honest.
[@11509,Keepitsimple] I find the orange a very good aspect of the flag and a much needed one.
Keepitsimple51-55, F
How about blue? It鈥檚 my favorite color? 馃[@7789,Elandra77]
[@11509,Keepitsimple] Yes I own that Blu Ray as well and I adore watching Adele find herself. "Room in Rome" is far sexier and still with a film nor ending.

The definition of the colours shows orange fits perfectly and Blue-as a flag color and not a movie or graphic novel, would not. Are you onw that does not wish to have translesbians part of the community?

I Will Take As Many Words As I Want To Write This Story
I was getting tired of all the 6,10,12,15,20 , and 50 words story groups. I'm sure there are others. But those few words are often not enough.