I Need the Internet

Has anyone else got tired of youtube?

I dont know about you, but ive just lost interest in watching videos and even going on the site.

Im also tired of being recommended conspiracy theory videos, incel and all this other stuff that is 'personally' absurd and madness to me. 馃槓馃樁.
FlowersNButterflies61-69, F
I only recently started watching YouTube, and am amazed at the number of full-length movies and audio books. I watch news clip videos, have my favorite shows. I have 52 subscriptions. I could live without the blasting ads, though. Don't want to pay for it, though I pay for Similar Worlds.

I am still enjoying it.
FlowersNButterflies61-69, F
Wow, you were way ahead of me! My husband has been into it for a couple years now. [@727519,AFreeThinker81]
AFreeThinker8136-40, M
[@1125727,FlowersNButterflies] its the best thing since sliced bread being a newbie to it! 馃馃槉
FlowersNButterflies61-69, F
Yes, mostly although I am scarred from a video of animal abuse. I contacted YouTube, and told them that by not more closely watching their posted content for guidelines, I won't be paying them. I was sick to my stomach. Now I block all animal content and no longer donate $ to animal rescue on-line as they use terrible videos to guilt people to donate. I get animal content through other better sources.

[@727519,AFreeThinker81]

EuphoricTurtle36-40, M
You are aware that the videos that are recommended to you are based on the videos you've been watching?

Here's how to change that (on androids)
https://www.cnet.com/how-to/stop-getting-video-recommendations-from-youtube-for-android/
AFreeThinker8136-40, M
[@17323,EuphoricTurtle] but i didnt even watch them... Seriusly.. 馃樁馃槓 but thabk you for the pointer 馃槉
butterflybaby7546-50, F
Yes - the ads. Just like with Faceboob.
deadgerbil22-25, M
Nah. I love the science, history, etc channels on there and my recommended reflects that.
There are the usual rabbit holes of weirdness, with some fringe enthusiast and his devout tribe of followers.

I get a lot out of it actually, keeping to documentaries or profiles of careers or hobbies.
Enjoying original concepts for travelogues, how-to's, or series spin-offs like James May's Drive Tribe and Man Lab.
exotically18-21, F
i could never get tired of it...youtube is endlessly fascinating
Not at all. I'm actually watching more stuff on it than ever.
Adstar51-55, M
Well the more Utube censors the content the more boring and bland the content becomes and the less appeal it has..

I Need the Internet