I Am Trying to Break My Bad Habits

So I am reading Gretchin Rubin's book "Better Than Before" all about habit change and Switch by the Heath brothers which is about why change is hard and what you can do about it (more geared toward Corp or Industry but still very complimentary) but Gretchin's book, I am thinking is gonna be a game changer!

The problem is if knowing the "why" enough? I now think I may have discovered "why" change has been so hard for me personally or have a better grasp at the "why" but what about the "how"?

She discusses the 4 tendencies we all seem to fall into when it comes to mastering our habits. [i]The 4 Tendencies[/i] are (which is also the name of the second book which goes into detail about the 4 tendencies and how to use the knowledge to your advantage):
- Upholder
- Obliger
- Questioner
- Rebel

and of course, I fall squarely and clearly into the Rebel category and so I feel like all my life, and all my decisions and all the reasons it sucks all makes perfect sense... I have been fighting against myself. I also realize I'm probably a part of the most difficult group when it comes to making change, even change you want to make and now I am sad about that.

I feel like gosh, why does life have to be so hard for me even when I want to go into a positive direction.

I'm not thru with the book yet and I'm buying the 4 tendencies today so hopefully, it will lead to some life changing epiphanies and changes coming soon to my life. I refuse to give up but... geez, can the girl get a break! 💙
2
|

I Am Trying to Break My Bad Habits

So I am reading Gretchin Rubin's book "B... | I Am Trying to Break My Bad Habits | Similar Worlds