I Random Thoughts

Even if you expect things to go wrong or try to not have expectations.. .

Today I was thinking, sometimes we tend to think that just because we have no expectations or expect the worse, we won't feel bad when the outcome isn't good.
But it still feels bad. It still affects us.

Like when you know you'll experience a physical pain, it still feels bad when you actually experience it. Anticipating it doesn't make it less painful or difficult. Same with other kind of experiences.
The only good thing is that the pain will disappear at some point. And many times, return.
So is life.
GwyneiraF
Yes, so is life. 馃挒
alkynesoftrouble51-55, M
Which is worse鈥aving the expectation met鈥r
Getting what we want and it is more harmful than we ever imagined?
alkynesoftrouble51-55, M
Food?[@536386,Gaiia]
GaiiaF
[@8041,alkynesoftrouble] good.
alkynesoftrouble51-55, M
Ahh, ok鈥

I am 55 and worn down a bit by life..thus the lowered ideals.
I do understand the general depression [@536386,Gaiia]
ReneeT61-69, M
Life comes at us in all directions, Gaiia. I guess it's how we handle the experiences that make us who we are
GaiiaF
[@91967,ReneeT] it's more than just handle them really
ReneeT61-69, M
[@536386,Gaiia] So true Gaiia.
BluntSm0ker26-30, M
Life is beautiful pain.
GaiiaF
[@415169,BluntSm0ker] for me is like half pain and the other half other feelings like peace, happiness.. I guess it's balanced
BluntSm0ker26-30, M
[@536386,Gaiia]
Yeah I just quoted that from a song lol.
GaiiaF
[@415169,BluntSm0ker] makes sense here
CookieCrumbs41-45, F
I agree that anticipating it does not make it less painful, but it makes a difference in our attitude in dealing with it. We are more realistic, somehow prepared, and somehow able to adapt to the pain more graciously.
GaiiaF
[@660851,CookieCrumbs] exactly that's a good point, more realistic yes
CookieCrumbs41-45, F
[@536386,Gaiia]
The intensity of how the pain affects us is influenced by our expectations from a person or a situation.

Being realistic with the circumstances we are in makes a lot of difference on how we deal with pain with maturity.
GaiiaF
[@660851,CookieCrumbs] for me always feel very bad even experiencing it repeatedly but at least I learn to not do certain things again, so it's painful, but at least I learn.
MartinTheFirst22-25, M
I say ignorance is bliss, enjoy it until it hits you
GaiiaF
[@336516,MartinTheFirst] we live ignoring certain inevitably things blissfuly and feeling the sadness of others what we already know.
fun4us2b61-69, M
Brace yourself, life sucks...doesn鈥檛 really make it better. It just helps distribute the disappointment.

I agree with you
GaiiaF
[@64578,fun4us2b] thank you
sciguy18M
Yes. Bad things are unpleasant whether we expected them or not.
GaiiaF
[@361684,sciguy18] we learn

I Random Thoughts