I Enjoy Movies

Would it get your buy-in?

They should re-make the Back to the Future trilogy... maybe add a spin to it and make the time-travel vehicle a motorcycle.
Lets see... who would you cast in the lead role?
I'm thinking.... someone like Rami Malik, or perhaps even Tom Holland.
Millie Bobby Brown or Maisie Williams get's my vote on the female lead roles. Whatever you do, absolutely positively do NOT get Disney to produce it!

Fire up the flux capacitor, I'd definitely give McFly's mom a visit in the 50s... Lea Thompson really had that vibe and attraction in the role she played. I'd even be willing to invest in a draw full of the Calvin Klein's that she preferred. "LORRAINE! Behave!!!"..... "No no, I'm kidding! Misbehave! Misbehave! I like it!"
While leaving the elements that were essential to its success, intact, it could be remade if done tastefully.

Rami is an incredible choice. Abundantly talented, with a wide-eyed boyhood wonder, so essential to the role.
Bill Nighy for the role of Doc Brown preferably. Malcolm McDowell is another possibility.
Jessica Pare for female lead.
An updated DeLorean of course.
Eidolon · M
[@469015,SethGreene531] Did you hear that Rami is the next Bond villain?
Agree on the Bill Nighy, not so much Malcolm McDowell. But how about someone like Michael Richards for Doc's role? Remember him? Kramer from Seinfeld.
Jessica Pare doesn't seem suitable to me. Need someone with more a naive playful tom-boyish appearance about them. Romane Denis?
[@1062930,Eidolon] Bond Villain, wow that's the role of a lifetime. He was spot on as Freddy Mercury, so no doubt he'll do the franchise proud.

Yeah, Malcolm's characters we're often edgy I believe, so maybe not the best choice. Michael Richard's is interesting, as Kramer's quirky personality mirrored that of Doc Brown; something I'd not considered...as long as you could stop seeing Kramer, that might just work! Loved his character.

Jessica I think is from Mad Men, and the role needs warmth and innocence, so you're right. Romane, along with a similar actress was actually somebody I'd considered, good choice!

I saw the remastered Back to The Future I during its 30 year anniversary. The theater was packed, most with young people who'd never seen its original release. Nevertheless an instant crowd pleaser, everybody applauded. Still have the commemorative poster.

TheCoolestCat · 31-35, M
nah classics are best left untouched
Eidolon · M
[@335784,TheCoolestCat] but how else would kids get excited about their future's inventions?
TheCoolestCat · 31-35, M
make new movies lol
I have never been a Back to the Future fan. Personally I would prefer them making something new. All the remakes need to stop!
Eidolon · M
[@78387,Stereoguy] ready player two?
EuphoricTurtle · 36-40, M
f&ck no!
Enough with the remakes, I want to see original content.

I Enjoy Movies