I Have Random Thoughts
Join Similar Worlds today ยป

Yay... I didn't have to eat it...

After finishing the chicken last night, I opened a pack of ham today.

Taking it out of the fridge, it didn't feel right to me... it was colder than I expected, but I put it down to the possibility that the fridge might not have been closed properly when it was last opened (it's broken on one hinge, so it's possible to not close it properly).

I opened the ham anyway and noticed that it looks a bit green in the middle, so I took it to my husband and asked him if it was fit to eat.

He told me to eat around it after taking a smell of it for other signs that it has gone off (It's dated 4th December, so still in date).

I took it off him and turned to return to the kitchen and do as I was told, when I spotted water in the bottom of the pack. I turned back and showed him the water and he told me to throw it in the bin.

I was happy about that because I didn't really want to eat it once I saw the green meat in the middle of the pack. Of course, that presented a problem because I had already prepared the bread for a sandwich before I opened the meat that I was going to put in it. Fortunately, I had just enough cheese left over to make myself a cheese sandwich.

I Have Random Thoughts