I Believe Family Is Very Important

My daughters mom and I were really young when she was born. It was ugly then. But the way she handles everything now amazes me. I see friends in similar situations who never get to see their kid. I get to show up at their door with no warning and take my kid to the grocery store with me just because I want to. She sends her off with snacks and my favorite things to bring to me when she comes over. It's adorable. It's never a competition and no one keeps tabs. If someone needs something they get it. That's it. She always goes the extra mile to let me know she appreciates me too and I am not sure how I got so damn lucky. She is one of the kindest most patient people i've ever met. I appreciate her every day. If our daughter turns out anything like her mom, I will be so immensely proud. Just feeling grateful today.
7
|
Effloresce · 22-25, F
I wish it was like that with my brother and his ex fiancé. There’s so much drama and tension and neither of them are being mature about it and thinking about what’s best for my niece.
LAlexV · 18-21, M
[@563720,Effloresce] It wasn't always like this. It was a lot of time and trial and error. I hope they figure it out.
Effloresce · 22-25, F
Thanks, me too[@694705,LAlexV]
LyricalOne · F
That is absolutely wonderful to hear. Congratulations to both of you for having the maturity to put your child first.
DropsOfPain · 26-30, F
You guys sound responsible and mature. Good thing.
Mamapolo2016 · 61-69, F
The kid takes priority. Even now, when my daughter's 36, my ex and I go to her place for holidays and it's fine. Good for both of you, not yanking at your child's heartstrings by talking about how awful their[i] other[/i] parent is. Kudos, big time.

I Believe Family Is Very Important
Categories: Parenting and Family

My daughters mom and I were really young when she ... | I Believe Family Is Very Important | Similar Worlds