My safety net is missing

I’ve been struggling with my monster (depression) lately and have not been able to get her under control. But last night I realized what weapon I was missing. My hairy man isn’t here to help me fight her. He always knew when I was off kilter. When I needed him close. When I needed a gentle nudge or his head in my lap. He knew when I needed him the most…to just hold onto him. In the worst of it all, he would stretch out beside me and I would hold on to him. He was always my safe place. My anchor. My guardian. He just always knew when I needed him and what I needed.
Rooster · M
And in time, your new pup will take his place beside you as he feels your feelings. All dogs do. Just needs to mature some more and you'll have feeling back and the struggle will seem minimal.
Pinkstarburst · 51-55, F
[@527571,Rooster] Yeah. I know. At least I hope so. Every relationship is different though. I just really miss that old dog.
Rooster · M
[@6912,Pinkstarburst] I know how you feel, Lady! This will come together in time!
Darkskiescoming · 46-50, M
I know he was so in tune with you, he always knew just what to do to make you feel better. Ben was with you for a long time and dogs can read us so well and know when we need them. J-hound will get there, in the mean time you know you have a safety net of friends too.
Now you have J-Hound. He is younger with more energy. He will chase the monster right out of there. Your hero in shiny fur has arrived! 😎
pdockal · 51-55, M
Give the pup a chance and he'll help in his way

I Miss Someone Very Much
Dating and Relationships Parenting and Family