I Like This Cover Song

“Misty” – Ray Stevens

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko56rc30qdk]

Amazingly good version of “Misty”, arranged and performed by country-pop singer Ray Stevens.

“Misty” is a jazz standard written and originally recorded by Erroll Garner and popularized by Johnny Mathis. It was a hit for Mathis in 1959-60 and became his signature song. He sang it beautifully.

But damn, son. Ray Stevens really knocked it out of the park with his up-tempo country rendition. I think it would appeal to a lot of people who aren’t necessarily fans of country music--and apparently it did, reaching #14 on the US pop chart in 1975 and the Top 20 in a number of other countries. Stevens’ recording also made it to #2 on the country chart in Canada and #3 on the country chart in the US. In 1976, his version of “Misty” won a Grammy Award for Best Arrangement Accompanying Vocalist(s).
JohnnyO · 36-40, M
[@121363,Rutterman] in what month Will I Watch an SW Groupie Cyber flirting with a guy & having Cyber Sex on here
JohnnyO · 36-40, M
[@121363,Rutterman] Will Poplala & LunaWolf Become My SW Groupies
Rutterman · 41-45, M
[@105699,JohnnyO] Magic 8-Ball sez...

JohnnyO · 36-40, M
[@121363,Rutterman] nice
Awww...such a cute, sweet, adorable song....🥰 I think I’m a country girl at heart ...coz I love country music. ❤️💃
Truly pleasant to hear on repeat. Gosh, another lovely song that I’m glad you shared, or else I’d never have heard. 🤠❤️[@121363,Rutterman]
Rutterman · 41-45, M
[@372543,Vivaci] Happy to share it, my dear. I've also been listening to it on loop. 🎶 😎
[@121363,Rutterman] I can see ya foot tapping and shaking ya self like a cowboy, 🤠 boy! 🤪😃
TAReturns · M
Love Ray Stevens music and this is one of his best
Rutterman · 41-45, M
[@329057,TAReturns] Exactly how I feel.
Another good post...

Im not a fan of country music but this really is a good music...

Thank you for sharing... 🤗🤗
Rutterman · 41-45, M
[@1067,Soossie] Thank you, my friend. Very glad you like this version of the song. 🤗
[@121363,Rutterman]

🤗🤗💖
Peaches · F
[@1067,Soossie] [i][b]Whaaaat?! 😭 No country music?![/b][/i]
Grateful4you · 61-69, M
Love this but still, somehow seems wrong without Johnny. As you said, his signature song.
Rutterman · 41-45, M
[@881002,Grateful4you] It's a radically different arrangement, for sure. I really love both versions.
Peaches · F
[i][b]Yee Haw❣️🤠🎶🎻🎤 [c=BF0000]Love it♥️[/c][/b][/i]
Rutterman · 41-45, M
[@364304,Peaches] Haha. Very pleased you like it. 🤠

I Like This Cover Song