I Am Different
HannahSky · F
Funny how that works.
quitwhendone · 46-50, M
I didn't know that. Good luck with your CBT. It's a long, tough road.
SwampFlower · 26-30, F
[@955094,quitwhendone] identity and self esteem after a severe disability is, well, complicated.
quitwhendone · 46-50, M
[@871066,SwampFlower] Sorry to hear/read that. You are a good and valuable person. I can tell by your posts.
SwampFlower · 26-30, F
[@955094,quitwhendone] Thank you. That is really kind. 🤗
LovesJazz2 · 51-55, F
🤗 🤗 🤗
SwampFlower · 26-30, F
[@990499,LovesJazz2] 🤗🤗🤗
God bless you 🙏 You definitely have our support.
Mamapolo2016 · 61-69, F
I hate that part. 🤗
Mamapolo2016 · 61-69, F
[@871066,SwampFlower] For me, anyway, it turned out that denial is a lousy neighborhood.
SwampFlower · 26-30, F
[@663519,Mamapolo2016] It makes life harder on my husband. That's good enough motivation to work on it.
Mamapolo2016 · 61-69, F
[@871066,SwampFlower] Circumstances like yours is where the rubber meets the road - and you learn how very much you can love someone.
hami1091 · 36-40, F
Good luck! I wish you the best and hope it goes well. :)
Pinkstarburst · 46-50, F
The gift that never stops giving 🙄🤢
I hate CBT
SwampFlower · 26-30, F
[@6912,Pinkstarburst] it is exhausting but so is the crushing depression. I'm trying to be positive about it.

I sympathise. 🤗
Pinkstarburst · 46-50, F
[@871066,SwampFlower] Im so sorry! I didn’t mean to try and discourage you!! It is a positive thing...sometimes it just seems easier to let the monster take over a bit so I can rest from it all.

I’m sending you boat loads of encouragement and know you are going to make it through stronger than ever!! 🤗
SwampFlower · 26-30, F
[@6912,Pinkstarburst] Really no need to apologize. I appreciate the encouragement and am here for you, too.
Good for you. I have a feeling it's going to go well. 👍️
"Apparently you have to stop being in denial to move on towards acceptance." Sure. You can't put up a new building until you tear down the old one. How's the therapy going?
How is the cognitive therapy going? Are you pleased with the results?
SwampFlower · 26-30, F
[@176592,PhoenixPhail] I only did it for the duration of that program and admittedly didn't continue it. I found it really tedious and uncomfortable. Ultimately I am having to work through acceptance on my own.
[@871066,SwampFlower] I work on the same issues as you, and have been for a long time. I had been in cognitive therapy for many years - decades - and have some tools under my belt. I've also been a counselor. It was part of my undergraduate curricula. I talk with several people here about their life challenges. If you would ever like to talk about anything, my inbox is always open. 😊

I Am Different
Beliefs Health