I Am Rambling

………pottering……….

It’s hot and it’s humid. More July than June out there this week. The older I get, the less I tolerate the soupy heat, yet the more I appreciate everything else I can find. I remember contentment in my youth. That eyes half closed little curve of a smile peace. I do not recall ever seeking the source exactly. I can look back at my memories and name it now, but at the time, I was just happy to feel it and let it be. Now I like to name it. Cast my attention to every small detail and give it its due in turn. The sounds of a distant mower, a motorcycle on a road somewhere, a radio, children playing, birds singing, the squeak of the water faucet as I fill the watering can to give the flowers a drink after their day in the sun. The shafts and dapples of gold light and lovely colors of the blooms. The green of summertime. The blue blue skies, always a little richer hue in the warmer months it seems. And everything with its scent - the grass, the earth, the spicy and sweet flowers, the river flowing by out back. Every year, the deprivation of scent outside in the winter seems more noticeable and its return more delightful. The great outdoors has become something of a cocoon now, spacious yet intimate. Full of life but quiet and soothing. The best of all things. More than worth a little melting in the soup. So out I go in the evenings. A little of this and a little of that. To pluck a stray weed, remove the soft spent wilted blooms whose time has come to an end. Give the care and breathe a little deeper, listen more intently, and look…just look. Feed the soul while the dog rolls around in the grass. Nothing grand could ever be grander to me than the sweet accessibility of this everyday gift.
Gangstress · 36-40, F
I do love your words 💚
JustNik · 46-50, F
[@467717,Gangstress] Thank you ☺️
GLITTER · 31-35, F
I completely understand. What’s the use of baking in the sun sitting on your arse when there’s a beautiful world to explore and appreciate 🤗 Thank you for sharing
JustNik · 46-50, F
[@610096,GLITTER] LOL YES! 😄
TheConstantGardener · 56-60, M
I do enjoy a summer evening with a cool cider sitting and looking over the garden and listening to nature all around. The problem for me is that my vision tends to snag on a weed here or there or an errant twig or branch that requires pruning.

Nice words, thanks for posting.
JustNik · 46-50, F
[@335077,TheConstantGardener] 🙂 Thank you. It seems to me our eyes are drawn to what sparks something in us, so if your name here is any indication, it’s no surprise that those weeds and twigs grab your attention. 😄

I Am Rambling
Some ramdon thoughts are coming across my mind.