I Am Rambling

Making up for lost time....?

I love that first sip of coffee sliding warm down my throat - as much a part of waking up as opening my eyes. I love breathing in the roses as I trim the stems and freshen the water and carry them back to their spot on the table. The peace of the care, the gratitude for the pleasure. I love a warm afternoon with the top open on the car and not caring a whit about the fact that my hair鈥檚 going to look like a bird鈥檚 nest when we stop. 馃槀 At some point later in the day I鈥檒l notice it still smells like the wind, and isn鈥檛 that proof of a lovely day in this life?? And then watching the darkening and standing outside, facing the rising wind and the incoming storm, listening to the excited chatter of the birds that makes me think of a neighborhood of moms all calling their children home before it hits. The thunder rumbles, trees sway, and the scent of rain arrives before the first drops and there鈥檚 the kinship with the image of my father standing in the wind smiling up at the storm. I understand what he loves. He gave this to me. The soft snoring of the dog as I fall into my book. The quiet and the chamomile tea as the day winds down. The settling in between soft fresh white cotton sheets that take the sting out of the end of the weekend. Life is good. 鉂わ笍
MagentaF
Wow. I felt that. You have a gift, very special. 馃挄
JustNik46-50, F
[@1173,Magenta] that鈥檚 very kind of you - thank you.
LunarOrbit56-60, M
What a talent!
JustNik46-50, F
[@488176,LunarOrbit] thank you. 馃檪 I find it pleasant to explore.
LunarOrbit56-60, M
[@23104,JustNik] seriously...it was captivating. And I don鈥檛 read much on hear, let alone in rl
JustNik46-50, F
[@488176,LunarOrbit] I appreciate it.

I Am Rambling
Some ramdon thoughts are coming across my mind.