I Have Something to Say

British woman complains about price of alcohol in Portugal...

Alison Barton took to Facebook to complain about ‘the extraordinary price of wine’ at a new bar in Olhao. Alison said ‘I live here so there’s no way I’m paying tourist prices!’ Alison was annoyed that she was charged €1.50 for a glass of red wine, compared to the €1 she pays at her local bar.

As Alison explained, ‘If my husband and I have four glasses of wine each, every night of the week, that adds up to €84 per week at this new bar but at my local bar it comes to just €56. That’s a big difference and I don’t know about you but I don’t have €28 week to throw away on alcohol. To put it another way, we couldn’t even afford three glasses each at the new bar. I mean, where’s the fun in that? They’re pricing themselves out of business!’

Jose Chaves the owner of the new bar said ‘We understand how Alison feels and we do try and be competitive with our pricing, while at the same time offering better quality wines and a really nice environment’.

We asked Alison if she might be drinking a little too much and she replied ‘Quite possibly, but I’m desperately unhappy and I have no other hobbies’.
ozgirl512 · 26-30, F
First World problem!
Adaydreambeliever · 56-60, FVIP
She and her husband should just go to their local, cheaper bar
Frank52 · 61-69, M
Do you think I ought to set up a charity for her?

I Have Something to Say
Other