I Believe In Quality Not Quantity Of True Friends

It's interesting how as we age our circle of friends becomes smaller, either due to the passing of ones in our life, or perhaps a falling out among those we once termed as friends, or the growing apart. Regardless of the reason, the reality is that there are very few people one can call true friends who would be there no matter what. It's also interesting how people often say at times of crisis, "If you need anything, let me know," however when push comes to shove sometimes the words turn out to be mere lip service.

To me, a person either is willing and ready to give him or herself to others as well as being there for others. However, that type of person takes a special kind of makeup, hence someone who has a kind and giving heart and who genuinely enjoys helping others. It seems that many values have gone by the wayside. It's become such a "what's in it for me" kind of world.

Also, it also seems that making new friends as we age often becomes a difficult task either because we don't have the energy or desire to do so, or we are cautious as a result of life's experiences.

Sometimes, however, there are the select few that we will always click with regardless of the separation of time or distance as well as the newness of a relationship. When that occurs, it certainly is nice....very nice to know that sometimes things just happen as they are supposed to and when they are supposed to happen. Like does attract like and when it does, it's just pleasant and refreshing.

Here's to friendships, not just any kind of friendships, but true blue friendships albeit old or new.
8
|
Cutiecute18-21, M
Well my friends r all boys in kindergarten ro 4th grade and i have more fun with them
Yessss girlllll 馃檵
Interesting . But still you haven't added me :(
BeachloverM
That is so true

It's interesting how as we age our circle of ... | I Believe In Quality Not Quantity Of True Friends | Similar Worlds