Doing Good

guys i need help

so im 26 and live with my parents my dad and mom they treat me like a kid but this month im getting my diploma and plan to live on my own but they get mad cause of covid but i rewlly wanna live with my gf already.. i feel im treated like a kid cause i have autism but it is mild.. should i just leave? even if they get mad? can they drag me back to the house or no.. im free right?
If you’re getting diploma and you can get a job there’s nothing stopping you
sadcarrot · 22-25, F
[@1019539,mysteryespresso] im scared they will get mad if i dont follow them its gonna make me look like a rebel even if its not
[@1186371,sadcarrot] check dm
texasborn89 · 31-35, M
I live with my parents too and they are always telling me what to do like I'm a kid. It's so annoying
SamtheDog · M
I suspect they would need some legal control order to force you to comply with their wishes, that aside whilst you live as their guest you have responsibility to adhere to any reasonable requests. "Reasonable" is the difficult part. Do you have a social worker or social mentor etc relating to your needs, if so they should help you adjust to life away from your parents, they would be a valuable ally in asserting your independence.
sadcarrot · 22-25, F
[@854658,SamtheDog] i have a psychologist will that work
SamtheDog · M
[@1186371,sadcarrot] I suggest you mention your issues they may be able to recommend other resources. Theres nothing stopping you dropping an email to one of the many autism/aspergers charities and asking for advice, or even just taking a look at any of their forums, joining in perhaps. Knowledge is power and the more you ask the more knowledgeable you become.
Xipooh · 26-30, M
Yeah totally it's your life. They might get mad initially but they'll quickly accept it and probably be pleased for you. I say go for it!
Strongtea · 18-21, M
You can do what you want, just try to do it in a way so you don’t fall out with each other.
Dizzybubbles32 · 26-30, F
Leave and go live your life how you want to. No, they cannot stop you.
AFreeThinker81 · 36-40, M
[@1198184,Dizzybubbles32] aww i hope she finds the strength to break free.. Poor girl 😓💔
Dizzybubbles32 · 26-30, F
[@727519,AFreeThinker81] me too!

Doing Good