Doing Good

What is the one percent doing with their wealth?
90-99, C
2
|
Getting wealthier off the backs of the tax payers
Bulletproofvest · 90-99, C
[@557376,AnneHoney] In that wealth-class it is all..."one" (the governmental/wealthy people complex)
[@557376,AnneHoney] so do the wealthy that get tax breaks from the government
AnneHoney · 36-40, F
[@388015,Chernobylplayground] the top 2% of earners in the US pay about 70% of taxes. The bottom 60% of earners pay none. Who is getting a tax break? You tell me. That said I would change the tax rates to eliminate some loop holes but politicians would lose reelection donations if they did that.
Not a clue, but I am sure they are well invested.
hunkalove · 61-69, M
Worshipping it.
Nunos50 · 56-60, M
I'm praying it doesn't get too negatively impacted by the economic situation.
Enjoying every penny
StellasXOF · 36-40
Whatever they can get away with
AnneHoney · 36-40, F
For the most part it is donated to charities and medical research. Take a look at the Gates foundation. They started a pledge that almost all the super wealthy in the West to donate all their wealth. Almost all that wealth they created. If they had not made it, it would not exist. So we should all me thankful.
Bulletproofvest · 90-99, C
[@557376,AnneHoney] What percentage do they keep for themselves to reinvest in their own wealth?
AnneHoney · 36-40, F
All their wealth goes to do good in their lifetime. Most of them like Gates still gets money from Microsoft and that too will go to charity. I think a billion $ of his wealth went to providing vaccines to people that could not afford them mainly in Africa.

The main point that most don’t understand is that his Billions did not come from other people, they were created by his discoveries/inventions. So the rich make us all better off.
Bulletproofvest · 90-99, C
[@557376,AnneHoney] re: that remark "all me thankful"....loved it!
Nunos50 · 56-60, M
Funny I would expect many in here are in the 1% actually.

[quote]Across the world you need an income of $32,400 (£26,030) to be in top 1% of earners.[/quote]
$=USD
£=GBP
Nunos50 · 56-60, M
[@1118414,Bulletproofvest] no I did that particular research earlier this year

https://similarworlds.com/24-Life/3285654-Are-you-in-the-top-1-Across-the-world-you-need-an
Nunos50 · 56-60, M
https://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/050615/are-you-top-one-percent-world.asp

Sept 2019 so within last 12 months
AnneHoney · 36-40, F
That is like telling someone in Siberia you shouldn’t be cold the average temperature in the world is 75 degrees F.[@14688,Nunos50]
2Buddies · M
Creating more wealth in support of the nascent Oligarchy.
Northerner · 61-69, M
Right now worrying about the future of the world finances.lol

Doing Good

What is the one percent doing with their wealth? | Doing Good | Similar Worlds