I Have a Dog

The thrill of victory

Hairy man-1
Hubs-0

Yesterday my mother stopped by on her way out of town. While we had a nice visit, she spent most of her time loving on my dog. Since I’ve shared with everyone that we are in the beginning of the end stages, those who love him have been coming over more and loving on him.

She was asking a lot of questions and hubs mentioned that he had been leaving eggs on the counter and the hairy man hadn’t counter-surfed or touched a single one.

[Imagine now the voice in Mortal Combat echoing in my hairy man’s head] “CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!”

I keep one of those drying pads on the counter and that’s where the eggs HAD been.

My incredibly talented dog pulled the drying pad WITH the eggs on it from the kitchen to the front door to enjoy the fruits of his labor! He realized he could get them by just pulling the pad and not having to raise on his back legs.

I should add that there were no broken eggs in the kitchen. (Impressed yet?!?! 😁). And guess what else??? I am not even mad! I happily took the rug outside to clean and will mop the floors today with a smile on my face! It’s worth it because I have yet another happy memory with my hairy man and damn if he didn’t put hubs in his place!!!!
summersong · F
Dogs are the best 😂
Pinkstarburst · 51-55, F
[@334441,summersong] He was doing his victory dance all morning. Now he’s sleeping in total satisfaction…and probably with an upset stomach! 😆
Rooster · M
😆 Dogs do things sometimes that just amazes me. That's a good one there! LOL
I had one Brittany Spaniel that just reached up to the kitchen table and stole my son's steak. Her jaws unhinged like a shark as she inhaled that steak. I was in awe.
Tell your Husband that win some, lose some but the dog usually get's his way! 😆
Rooster · M
[@6912,Pinkstarburst] I'll bet you do! Between us? We could write a large book! 😆
Pinkstarburst · 51-55, F
[@527571,Rooster] One of my favorites is the bag of hubs’ walnuts he took off the kitchen table. He took them to his bed, open the bag, and shelled and ate them all.
Rooster · M
[@6912,Pinkstarburst] I had one manage to get in the closet and swipe one of my son's Halloween candy. How he got up there and got the bag? I'll never know. Then went all around the house picking up candy wrappers! LOL
GJOFJ3 · 61-69, M
Great post
That is so awesome! Pet's are family too. I am glad to see he hasn't given up yet. 🤗💝💝💝💝🤗
Pinkstarburst · 51-55, F
[@78387,Stereoguy] 🙂
JustNik · 46-50, F
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I’m so glad he’s got a little spunk back! 😄🤗
Pinkstarburst · 51-55, F
[@23104,JustNik] It comes and goes…but when he has it, he’s all or nothing. 😁
BalmyNites · F
Amazing story, thank you 🤗
Roadsterrider · 51-55, M
My dog chews up my wife's stuff but leaves my stuff alone. She will go shopping and buy a dress or a shirt, he will chew her things even before she wears them. As soon as she yells at him, he comes in and jumps on my lap. I love my dog.
Pinkstarburst · 51-55, F
[@830583,Roadsterrider] Mine has always been a boob man…only chews up my bras. Didn’t take me long to learn to put them away.

I Have a Dog
Hobbies Pets, Animals and Nature