I Am Learning French

But question is, how do you laugh in French? 🤔

I think French can be very overwhelming at the beginning, and most people run for their life when they start studying it. So it has gained this bad reputation of being impossible to learn. It may be because not many people stick around for long enough.

Like in today's class, I literally saw the horror in someone's eyes, as she had a WTF expression on her face the entire class. This was her first French class ever, and I could tell with the way her eyes were going right and left continuously, that she was trying to make sense out of the written words that have nothing to do with the pronunciation. (I knew, because I did the same thing my first class). It was very difficult to keep a straight face looking at her reactions, but omg I had to, so no one will think I am laughing at them trying to speak French lol.

Now in a couple of classes and practice, she will probably get to be where I am now, with half WTF expression most of the time on my face, and so many huh? What? Wait, what? 🤨 And me looking closely at the screen, as if this will help me magically understand French 🧐

But hey, that's still progress. Well relatively speaking O.o I mean, now I find myself naturally not pronouncing half the letters in any new word I see, and that's usually close to it being right pronunciation. 🤷‍♀️

Language needs patience, that's true with any language, not just French. So if you give it some time, things will fall into place eventually and become natural. Like I am not even studying regularly yet (or let's put it this way: I am not studying as well I should be studying) due to my stupid unstable ramadan schedule, also health, and work stuff.. BUT I really feel that I am starting to find my rhythm, and some things are starting to make sense.

Plus, anything is challenging in the beginning. I still remember my first client. It was such a small company with like 10 simple accounts in their books. OMG it felt so complicated and stressful.. Now I look back and laugh my ass off remembering how I felt back then. Terrified like it was impossible!

I really can't wait to reach a point where I'd look back at where I am now, and laugh in French. But question is, how do you laugh in French? 🤔
Colley · 26-30, M
Hon hon hon
deadgerbil · 22-25, M
*thinks back to my French classes and shivers*
MissGaga · 26-30, F
[@761112,deadgerbil] You should attend classes with me, they are online. So that I'd feel free to laugh at someone 🤭😈
SwampFlower · 26-30, F
Oh god I miss French classes. One time I had to pray and accidentally asked God to forgive me for my peaches 🥴
MissGaga · 26-30, F
[@871066,SwampFlower] And let me guess, you've lost your faith in god ever since because he never forgave you for your peaches
chris62ca · 56-60, M
[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hR8RQzyOXE]
walabby · 61-69, M
Just think of the non-existent Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq 20 years ago...

(France told USA there weren't any and don't go there... )
Nephew ·
Uhhhhhhauhauhauhau
Elessar · 26-30, M
I've studied French for 3 years and I've eventually come to the conclusion that, if I'll have to interact with someone from France, the conversation will be in English.

🏳️
MissGaga · 26-30, F
[@23671,basilfawlty89] cool! :D
Elessar · 26-30, M
[@23671,basilfawlty89] I confirm I live by the stereotype
(not exactly spaghetti but come on)

And also

🥴
MissGaga · 26-30, F
[@44863,Elessar] Yum yum just today I had pasta for lunch actually and got it from an Italian restaurant :D
SirfurryanimalWales · 61-69, M
Just adopt a French accent....
MissGaga · 26-30, F
[@356742,SirfurryanimalWales] I am slowly adopting a sexy French accent 😜🥴
Jai jai jai jai!
caesar7 · 56-60, M
je ne comprend pas cette question! Nous rions comme tout le monde....lol
MissGaga · 26-30, F
[@2096,caesar7] Ce n'était pas une vraie question. Juste une remarque humoristique

Excuse my French. Je suis une débutante en français.
basilfawlty89 · 31-35, M
Hon hon hon baguette.
That's how.
Laughter has no language. 😂
firefall · 61-69, M
IDK, but every time I spoke French in France, people laughed, so it must be pretty easy

I Am Learning French
Education Travel