I'm Just Not Ready

My niece will be thirteen next month and I am absolutely not ready for the milestones she is reaching. Don't get me wrong, she is growing into an amazing young lady and I am over-the-moon proud of her...I just miss our little A. I want her to reach up with her little hands and say, "Hold you Nant". I want to play princess barbies with her a little longer. And I want her to crawl onto my lap to read stories.

One of my favorite memories was a drive to my folk's house. Because I had a truck she was riding in the passenger seat in her car seat (she was 2). It was a beautiful day and the sun was shining in, resting on her sweet face. She was sitting there with her eyes closed, humming to the radio and I asked her, "Are you tired A?". She rolled her head over and looked at me, smiled and said, "I's not tired Nant. I's just happy."

I know there are so many more 'I's just happy' moments between us...but can't she just stay little for a while longer???
ThePerfectUsername · 61-69, M
I know exactly what you mean :-)
[image deleted]
She's 28 now and just as cute. :-)
trackman11 · 56-60, M
Time is never gentle. Very sweet memories though. 😀
Jlhzfromep · M
Little girls are special and we do wish they could stay that way forever. It all happens so fast then one day they are grown and have a baby of their own an you get to start all over :)
JustNik · 46-50, F
❤️❤️❤️❤️
Pinkstarburst · 51-55, F
[@23104,JustNik] 😭❤️
🤗💞❤️🤗 Wouldn't it be awesome if she could stay little forever. 🤗🤗🤗 Are you still really close?
Pinkstarburst · 51-55, F
[@78387,Stereoguy] Yes we are. She hangs out at the house when she needs a break from the rat race. Sometimes she will just bring a book and sit out back reading all day. Just her feeling safe and at home with me is a joy like no other.
[@6912,Pinkstarburst] That is so awesome! 🤗❤️💞🤗
RemovedUsername350320 · 26-30, M
Cool story.
Pinkstarburst · 51-55, F
[@350320,JohnnyFartpants] Thanks.
RemovedUsername350320 · 26-30, M
[@6912,Pinkstarburst] ✌️
geoam1 · 51-55, M
Sadly they grow up 😢
Pinkstarburst · 51-55, F
[@107498,submissivelittlewoman] 😥🤗
[@6912,Pinkstarburst] I have the same feeling about my girls...

I'm Just Not Ready