Do you make others happy by receiving from them or by asking from them??

Happiness is important...

It has always been very very difficult for me to ask others to help me in any way.... or accept whatever they had to offer me....

Lately I have realized how hard my heart has been in making them happy by receiving from them, or asking them for things...

Now I know that the core of happiness is making each other happy by giving as well as receiving...
SweetMae · 61-69, F
Receiving gifts was something that I didn't feel good about, until someone reminded me that by not accepting a gift from them, I was robbing them of the joy of giving. Now I enjoy both giving and receiving gifts.
[@10109,SweetMae]

Exactly.... you will be even sweeter when you smile when receiving...
SweetMae · 61-69, F
[@1067,Soossie] Thank you! ☺️
Gaiia · F
I feel good giving and receiving
[@536386,Gaiia]

Healthy soul... real happiness...🌷
SageWanderer · 70-79, M
I know there is a joy in giving but constantly giving without receiving empties your soul.
Pinkstarburst · 51-55, F
[@1067,Soossie] I will eventually. There just isn’t time right now. 🤗
[@6912,Pinkstarburst]

Amen lovely... 🌷🌷🌻
SageWanderer · 70-79, M
[@6912,Pinkstarburst] Time is such a precious commodity and never seems to be enough,
ImRileyTheDog · 18-21, F
I think receiving

My love language was gifting
[@1452,ImRileyTheDog]

Nice... 🤗🌷
[c=004A59]I will sometimes endure receiving "help" or unwanted gifts, because it makes the giver happy. However, the so-called help and gifts sometimes border on abuse. It's difficult to find the right balance of keeping people happy and protecting/taking care of myself. I prefer giving when all is said and done.[/c]
[@1217106,Vampyr]

But giving only and not receiving sounds more like an abusive situation...🤗
[@1067,Soossie] [c=004A59]The whole thing is somewhat abusive, when it comes to my family. The holidays and other celebration days are a time of dread. I call them Hell Days.[/c]
[@1217106,Vampyr]

Im so sorry to hear... :(
I'm not good at recieving..I'd rather give
[@1207913,Handmaidssnail]

But you refuse to make the giver happy...
[@1067,Soossie] I don't refuse if I know it will hurt their feelings
[@1207913,Handmaidssnail]

That's good..
summersong · F
Asking for help (or anything else really) is very difficult for me. I feel guilty about asking, worry about being a burden, and I think that makes me bad at receiving as well.
[@334441,summersong]

I know how you feel... Ive been that way for years...

But truly, you dont know how happy they will get if you allow them to help or if you accept what they have to offer you ...

Sometimes, of course, they will not be able to help, but then we should be good and strong at accepting "no" as an answer...
Like the old saying goes …
It is far far better to give than receive 😊
[@1210041,DelightfulDelectableDelicious]

So you dont like receiving??
Sure but I’m more of a giver 😊. That always makes feel the best [@1067,Soossie]
ABCDEF7 · M
I experienced that giving makes me as well as them happy. And not expecting keeps me stay happy. So this is the way I go.
[@657449,ABCDEF7]

But what if they feel the same and you refuse to accept... it would be like them refusing your gift...
ABCDEF7 · M
[@1067,Soossie] I don't refuse, but I don't expect either. What I look forward to, is just giving.
It's naturally been much harder for me to receive than to give too.

At the same time, it's been hard for me to say "Thank you, but no" when I prefer not to receive something from someone, so as not to hurt the giver's feelings.

Having stated that, I appreciate the honesty and bluntness of someone telling me "no" if they do not want to receive what I may want to give, as I do not allow my own feelings to be hurt by the word "no".

Does that make sense?....Yes or no?....And please don't say "no"..🤭❤️
[@1109747,JohnFrank]

Lol... No.. 😜
[@1067,Soossie]

😛
[@1109747,JohnFrank]

Oh darling... there there.. 😘😘
Justmeraeagain · 51-55, F
Both have a place,but recieving without expecting is pure joy to both the reciever and the giver
[@1219236,Rachael1967]

Exactly... very well said...🤗🤗🌷
Northwest · M
A balanced relationship includes a balance of give and take.
[@9416,Northwest]

Absolutely... and a balanced relationship is a happy one... 🤗🤗
CookieCrumbs · 41-45, F
There are people like you who find joy in giving. By letting them do that FOR YOU, you are giving them a chance to express their affection and love.
[@660851,CookieCrumbs]

Yes beautiful... and I noticed that how much I was naive in this ...😘😘❤
CookieCrumbs · 41-45, F
[@1067,Soossie]
We attract the kind of person we are. So be ready to let them take their turn to shower you with 💕 🌻
[@660851,CookieCrumbs]

Thank you sweetness...

He is the kindest man that I have ever seen in my entire life... and he is so generous in love...🤗💕🌷🌷
pearllederman · 56-60, F
i dont ask for help unless i have to
ravenhill · 41-45, MVIP
[@2745,pearllederman] did you used to use yahoo answers as pearl L?
[@2745,pearllederman]

I understand sweet lady .. 💕💕🌷
pearllederman · 56-60, F
[@1201332,ravenhill] yes, and i miss it, who were you on ya? did i answer your questions? i use quora now

I Say Be Happy