I Did a First Aid Course

but never learned this stuff:

My ear was itching so I wiped it with a piece of antibiotic garlic...and the piece got lodged in there

and weeks later its still there and I can't reach it with fingers etc...

Help me figure out how to dislodge this thing. To go to the MD is not my style but maybe to urgent care somewhere...rather not though.
GLITTER · 31-35, F
Tweezers ?
[@610096,GLITTER] I have no one to help so I guess Urgent Care. Have to be careful with those places though, they screw up all the time and often leave people more injured...
GLITTER · 31-35, F
[@1118414,SoapOperaglasses] I can imagine 😣 but you defo need to get it out
[@610096,GLITTER] well I'll follow up with an update tomorrow

Now I'm back to Sidney Lumet talking about Marlon Brando's acting..😏
Why would you put a piece of garlic or anything into your ear?

And unless you could get it out with a tweezer, you need to visit a nurse/doctor who will pull it out. Normally these things should come out on own..and don't hurt your eardrum while trying to get it out.
[@1199169,danser] Garlic is a natural antibiotic thats why. And I ran out of peroxide.
AntisocialTroll · 51-55, F
Have you tried pouring water in your ear in an attempt to make it float out?
[@1078962,AntisocialTroll] are u a nurse? Maybe its a good idea...
AntisocialTroll · 51-55, F
[@1118414,SoapOperaglasses] Lol, no, I am a first aider and that's what we were told to try if someone gets something in their ear, if it doesn't work then it's a trip to the hospital or your Dr's to get it out for you.
[@1078962,AntisocialTroll] well I did it and now banging on my head and giving myself a headache.

So maybe off to urgent care tomorrow
UGH!!

but thank u for trying to help😊
Tracos · 51-55, M
drops of olive oil to soften up eargrease ..

and yeah... go see a doctor
[@581975,Tracos] I could try that but I'm afraid of being gunked up with the stuff and its still in there...maybe soapy water

have to stop this thread now..

Thanks to all!
go to ENT doctor
There are tools to clear ears. Search it if you can buy it from local pharmacy or online.
[@1158409,littlepuppywantanewlife] I don't wanna fail and I don't wanna endanger myself

so off to the UC I go
ugh!
[@1118414,SoapOperaglasses] be well and take care
[@1158409,littlepuppywantanewlife] Thank you, much appreciated.
👃
You too my friend!
Heartlander · 70-79, M
I believe that most low-level urgent care providers have the ability to do ear flushes. Like the ones at the Walgreen, CVS, etc. They use a special machine that should clear any removable gunk from the ears while leaving the eardrum intact. Check the internet and call ahead.

I Did a First Aid Course
Education