Experiences

What a joy.

So I delivered to this customer who was working in his garden and he asked me if I like beets. I told him beets are alright. So then he offered me one. I was hesitant to take it, but he insisted. I didn’t want to fight him on that so now I’m here with a beet. What a joy.

curiosi · 56-60, F
What the hell you supposed to do with one beet?
HannahSky · F
Cool. How are you going to use it?
Reject · 26-30, M
[@868864,HannahSky] I’m open to suggestions. 😂
HannahSky · F
[@471800,Reject] I'm not a beet fan but I know people like them in salads and shakes. I don't know how to cook them lol
DeluxedEdition · 22-25, F
[@471800,Reject] I could be wrong because I’ve never grown beets... could you cut it in half or do something to get more beets maybe 🤷🏼‍♀️
Coralmist · 36-40, F
Maybe make a small beet salad 🙂
Poppies · 61-69, F
I roasted some beets with olive oil and salt and pepper recently for the first time. Surprisingly good. I also saved the tops and cooked them with some kale I happened to have. With a teaspoon of sugar, a teaspoon of vinegar, some bacon grease, a little salt and pepper. The beet tops were better than the kale.
Peaches · F
[@557324,Poppies] Yes, I like the beet greens too.😋I don't like kale at all.😖
pentacorn · F
well, i like beets, and they're hella good for ya.
now throw it at someone like super mario
Awww....you can even eat the leaves. Chop it and cook it with your rice or pasta. Its yummy.

It’s a different variety of beet though...usually beet leaves have reddish stalks. This looks more like red radish to me.
Reject · 26-30, M
[@372543,Vivaci] I didn’t know that! He called it a golden beet! 😮
[@471800,Reject] I could be wrong...but I’ve grown beet so I know. But it could be some other variety. 🤗

You’ll know when you cut it. Enjoy!!! It’s organic and 100% edible(leaves too) 💕
Very cool ! They can be easily microwaved after scrubbing and trimming the root and stem:
[quote] Beets cook quickest in the microwave, with a flavor and texture similar to steaming or boiling. Place beets in a single layer in a large microwave-safe dish. Drizzle with water. Microwave, covered, on high 14-15 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork, turning once; let stand 5 minutes.
[/quote]
Then you can chop it up, add it to salad greens.
[@364304,Peaches] I have no biases toward microwave ovens.
Peaches · F
[@328496,bijouxbroussard] Sorry....I had to log off last night. Anyway, I used to warm my sons bottle in the microwave when he was a baby and the doctor told me NOT to do it anymore?
ArtieKat · 61-69, M
[@364304,Peaches] There's so many prejudices around - I think that if microwaves were injurious to health there would be a substantial body of evidence after all these years of common use.
Aboomachu · 31-35, M
Beers are tasty!
Reject · 26-30, M
Thank you so much everyone who commented on the various ways I can prepare my beet! Right now it’s sitting in my cupboard, but I’ll be sure to try something tomorrow after work. I’ll plan for it. ♥️
Coralmist · 36-40, F
[@471800,Reject] Yeah I hear they're a super food..like loads of vitamins! Hope it's tasty ✌️
[@471800,Reject] you can plant the head in soil after you have eaten the leaves...and it’ll give you a steady supply of salad leaves all year. That’s what I did. They can even grow in pots.
Peaches · F
Well that was just [i][b]weird?!🙃[/b][/i]
peskyone · F
They are actually really delicious in a smoothie (with a banana).
meggie · 31-35, F
I don't have a microwave. I prefer salads or lightly steamed veg with lots of herbs.

Experiences