Experiences

Coaching us now, really?

Great, now we have our dispatch showing us recordings our dash cam took of our mistakes on our route. Things like rolling stops. They’re starting to micromanage us in this new coaching program because we’re messing up. You can’t work us for 12 hour shifts on 4 to 6 day weeks with a job as demanding as this one, watch us make mistakes from exhaustion, and then say we need more training to be better. That’s not the problem Amazon. We need to rest. You’re overworking us. More training isn’t going to make us drive safer or be more productive we aren’t normally this slow or dangerous. You invested in all these cameras to watch our every move and cover your liabilities. Good job. Now you’ll be safe from whatever tragedies you cause, but couldn’t you just spend a little more money on helping your workers be okay instead of your brand?
MilitantIrishman · 26-30, M
Idk how you do that job man. I suppose you have to do something to survive but it sounds fucking horrible.
Reject · 26-30, M
[@8731,MilitantIrishman] I don’t have many options, but it’s gotten to the point that anything seems better than this. I like to help people with the packages I deliver, but Amazon is just making that impossible.
apersonnamedit · 22-25
Sounds like the job I had years ago at a fast food place. Place worked me to the ground and everyone got mad at me when my body gave up because I got really sick probably from stress and being worked to death.
Reject · 26-30, M
[@607512,apersonnamedit] I really think America needs to set new laws on the hours we work. Other countries too. People should really only be working about 6 hours a day or 30 a week.
HannahSky · F
Good you're smart enough to understand what's really going on.
I wonder if UPS would be a good fit for you? If you wanted to keep driving 🚚 📦
Reject · 26-30, M
[@868864,HannahSky] I think I need a GED to work there unfortunately. So I’d have to get that first.
HannahSky · F
[@471800,Reject] Probably a good idea to get one. It definitely opens up some opportunities for you.
dubkebab · 51-55, M
I hate that company.Doing my best to add nothing to your workload,sir.
dubkebab · 51-55, M
[@471800,Reject] Yeah,I noticed. thanks for sharing an insiders perspective.
I work construction,and it beats me up-but I'm proud of my efforts,and I am choosy about who I work for.
Reject · 26-30, M
[@398659,dubkebab] That’s a very smart thing to do. I wish I had been more choosy about who I work for. Then again I don’t have any skills and I’m a high school dropout, so I needed an entry level job for something.
dubkebab · 51-55, M
[@471800,Reject] Hey,be careful of who you accuse of being smart.
I dropped out of a fancy college in favor of rockstardom and watching a crackpipe boil.These days I get to the part of the job application where it says 'are you a convicted felon' and I'm like,wait-I can explain,it's a long story and it turns out my co-conspirator was a frickin' liar,like a habitual liar,who knew?
Then wad the thing into the trash and go dig another ditch.
I bet you'll get a cool gig like limo driver for supermodel cake baking school someday...hang in there !

Experiences