Experiences

Please do not mistake me for being Black American

I love their culture, they're some inspirational and funny people but I'm not one of them. A lot of them don't even like Africans
TurtlePink · 18-21, F
I don't even listen to their music
xuxuguinhu9 · 31-35, T
yea ur arab i know
xuxuguinhu9 · 31-35, T
[@526179,TurtlePink] erm u must know which type ur people are like.. shuni?
[@526179,TurtlePink] Me too. My dad was out seeding his lawn and I asked him what he was doing he said he was trying to make the grass grow and I was like no...only ALLAH! can make the grass grow!
TurtlePink · 18-21, F
[@1204467,xuxuguinhu9] I'm adopted so I lost that connection 🤷🏿‍♀️😢
TurtlePink · 18-21, F
I mean, technically I'm racially Black and living in America but Black American is not my ethnicity
uncleshawn · 36-40, M
[@526179,TurtlePink] The concept of race came from an English writer justifying colonialism. But who constantly talks about 'race' today? Answer: people who constantly claim they are not racist and everybody else is. The problem is seeing people as skin color. That's the problem. The people who constantly talk about it are the ones who think in terms of skin color. The most divisive people are the ones claiming everybody else is divisive, just as the most intolerant people are the ones claiming everyone else is intolerant.
TurtlePink · 18-21, F
[@549497,uncleshawn] because literally everything is in terms of skintone and race.
uncleshawn · 36-40, M
[@526179,TurtlePink] To people who think like that, yes. To people who don't think like that -- like me and Morgan Freeman -- no.
checkoutanytime · 41-45, M
I view you as human, just like I do everyone
Colley · 26-30, M
Africans are dope 🔥
helenS · 31-35, F
I'm not in a position to advise, but maybe you should not focus too much on things like ethnicity and skin color.
Skin color is as irrelevant as hair color (unless it's in a romantic context), and maybe you should simply be yourself and let your true colors shine. They are beautiful.
Yours,
Helen 🌷
Lapochka · 31-35, F
So what are you?
Colley · 26-30, M
[@987291,Lapochka] she said she’s African
TurtlePink · 18-21, F
[@987291,Lapochka] this whole time I've been your father
So, you would be African American in the truest sense xD I'm Irish Canadian I may be the polar opposite of you :p
TurtlePink · 18-21, F
[@232861,MrBlueSky] I'm Somali American. Africa is the continent. That's like saying you're a European Canadian.
[@526179,TurtlePink] Somali women are beautiful
Entwistle · 51-55, M
I don't care what you describe yourself as.
tk9999 · 41-45, M
*Mistakes you for Mothra*
Chillie · 56-60, M
I don’t care what you are, you’re still beautiful 😘
Bang5luts · M
I guess it's kind of like chicanos and Mexicans, Chicanos don't like Mexicans much either. It's probably the racial outcasting here in the US. No matter, I think your a beautiful person!

Experiences