Personal, Thoughts & Feelings

More than the heart, the first organ to seem affected whenever I experienced a heartbreak was the stomach/guts 馃

You know.. that feeling, as if your insides are upside down?

No idea also why it happens, physically. I guess discomfort? Stress? Addiction?
Yes. I don鈥檛 know why that鈥檚 so, but I have no desire to eat when I鈥檓 heartbroken.
Elessar26-30, M
[@328496,bijouxbroussard] Same here, or when I'm highly stressed in general
[@44863,Elessar] Same.
Brickbybrick26-30, F
What do you mean as if your insides were upside down? Like diarrhea, nausea etc?
Elessar26-30, M
[@1089099,stonesandripples] I don't know how to describe it, it's not even nausea it's as if something is wrong with your stomach. I always experienced it in situations of high emotional tension, like heartbreaks (or sometimes fights)
Brickbybrick26-30, F
[@44863,Elessar] Well IDK about that. 馃樁
AlyAngelF
Nothing hurts more and makes your whole body hurt is heartbreak
PepsiColaP22-25, F
I'm pretty sure there is a link between IBS and stress. Also gut /stomach health is closely related to mental health and our emotional responses to thing. I.E. if you are very stressed you may throw up or if you are scared you may shit your pants
Elessar26-30, M
[@1090951,PepsiColaP] I suppose, yeah. Good point
I get a headache lol
Elessar26-30, M
[@1158409,littlepuppywantanewlife] I get those at work, lol
I don't know about heartbreaks but anxiety and melancholy has always been associated with diaphragm for me. My friend says the same and since she's quite spiritual she thinks that's where the soul is located in a human body. 馃榾 I don't know how other people feel it but I refer to the deep feeling of emptiness somewhere between chest and stomach. And it's not hunger... 馃槅

Guts and stomach are probably the most sensitive to stress. That saying about butterflies in the stomach doesn't exist for nothing.
Elessar26-30, M
[@472983,CrazyMusicLover] Agreed, also for me, and yeah heartbreaks tend to have that effect too.

And true, lol 馃

Personal, Thoughts & Feelings