I like Garth Brooks, but I think he's a damned liar. The dance is NOT worth the pain. What about you?

Would you choose to miss the pain even if you had to miss the dance to do it?

"And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end, the way it all would go.
Our lives are better left to chance. I could have missed the pain
But I'd have had to miss the dance.'
Ambroseguy80 · 51-55, M
I liked Garth Brooks better a long time ago. I feel he took too much time away from the business while he was sorting out the loss of his mother and marrying my girl Trisha. However, I do agree with him that The Dance is worth the pain just for having gotten to dance the dance.
LadyBronte · 56-60, F
[@403045,Ambroseguy80] My best was not and never has been enough. So I would still delete it all. Every memory, every smile, every tear, every moment of pain. If only I could.
Ambroseguy80 · 51-55, M
[@9537,LadyBronte] well accept these hugs and wishes for the best moving forward 🤗🤗
LadyBronte · 56-60, F
[@403045,Ambroseguy80] Thanks. Hugs.
Notanymore · 36-40, M
Absolutely not. I wouldn't have missed it doe the world
Mamapolo2016 · 70-79, F
I completely agree with him, even though sometimes when the pain begins it seems like too much. And it's not only the dance -it's the learning, too.
LadyBronte · 56-60, F
[@663519,Mamapolo2016] I don't need and will never make the mistake of learning this lesson again.
Mamapolo2016 · 70-79, F
[@9537,LadyBronte] That's what I mean. We shouldn't have to learn a lesson more than once.
LadyBronte · 56-60, F
[@663519,Mamapolo2016] Well should haven't to and never do...doesn't always align. This time the lesson took. There will never be another.
Yeah. Maybe he should have just stayed.

[youtube=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zPG1n1B0Ydw&vidve=5727&autoplay=1]
[@9537,LadyBronte] I believe in you.
LadyBronte · 56-60, F
[@605647,DarkHeaven] Thanks. Maybe someday. Hugs.
[@9537,LadyBronte] You will. I promise. But first you heal. This shit sucks. I get it.
TexChik · F
Chance worked out for me as an adult. Actually is started being in my favor the day I was adopted.
LadyBronte · 56-60, F
[@113373,TexChik] Good for you. I am truly glad..
I don't think I'd have ever missed the dance .

But I'm tired of the price in pain it cost.
[@9537,LadyBronte] ugh, I wish I could say the same thing, but I had kids during 'the dance', and I wouldn't miss out on them for quids.

But the rest of it can rot in hell, for all I care .
LadyBronte · 56-60, F
[@912138,OogieBoogie] I understand that. I have nothing to show except wasted years, loss of trust, a crushed heart and a broken spirit. That is literally all.
HauntedWitch · 56-60, F
Don't shoot the piano player (or in this case the singer)! The song was written by Tony Arata.

I know what you mean though. I can't personally agree with the lyrics of that song myself.
LadyBronte · 56-60, F
[@1212591,HauntedWitch] I think in order to feel that way, either someone died or the betrayal wasn't deep.
HauntedWitch · 56-60, F
[@9537,LadyBronte] Exactly. My first impression of that song was that it must be about a death, but I haven't read what the songwriter has to say about why he wrote it.
LadyBronte · 56-60, F
[@1212591,HauntedWitch] The original music video shows deceased famous people who had great loves JKF, John Wayne, Keith Whitley and more. Here's what Garth says about the song. "To a lot of people, I guess 'The Dance' is a love gone bad song," Garth said according toWide Open Country. "Which, you know, that it is. But to me it's always been a song about life. Or maybe the loss of those people that have given the ultimate sacrifice for a dream that they believed in, like the John F. Kennedy's or the Martin Luther King's. John Wayne's or the Keith Whitley's. And if they could come back, I think they would say to us what the lyrics of 'The Dance' say."