When my mom was in the hospital, last year.

I talked to one of the nurses who saved my mom's life after finding her unconscious - no breath/no pulse - in the hospital room.

She was a member of the medical team who performed multiple CPRs on my mom to revive her.

Such a nice thoughtful woman. We talked about many things. She shared one painful part of her life with me.

One day, about 7 years before, she went back home after work only to be told by her sister that her father collapsed in their garden. He had a heart attack and passed on the spot.

She wasn't there to save his life like she did with my mom. I was at loss for words. Sometimes, life is too unfair.
TheSunisout56-60, M
Sad story馃様
Thank you for sharing .... tragedy can remind us how valuable "being there" is
Asmae31-35, F
[@6757,questionWeaver] Very true. And how we can take other people for granted.
elafina31-35, F
Nurses offer a great service, I wish they give themselves the same love, care and sympathy that they give to others 馃挅
swirlie31-35, F
[@917679,elafina]
[c=008099]
What makes you think Nurses don't give themselves the same love, care and sympathy that they give to others?[/c]
Asmae31-35, F
[@917679,elafina] Yeah. At that moment it felt like I was talking to an angel. A savior. No words of gratitude could convey what I felt.
elafina31-35, F
[@332402,swirlie] usually someone who is taking care of others is left with less caring energy for themselves
Oneofthestormboys51-55, M
So much of life is down to good or bad luck and coincidence isn鈥檛 it?
I took a first aid course years ago, purely to be able to help if the worst happens.
thats the thing with life we dont know when will our time come, we can go at any moment and people sadly usually just treat each other like trash.
Degbeme61-69, M
I`m very happy she was there for your mother. But sadly she like many other can`t save everyone. 馃槦
Asmae31-35, F
[@72117,Degbeme] Indeed. Thank you 馃尫
ZenPearlF
Thank you so much for this post. Last Christmas, my sister went into respiratory distress, couldn't breathe, and I was blessed to be there for her. I'm grateful for what I do, and it's beautiful people like yourself who make it worthwhile.
Asmae31-35, F
Thank you very much ma鈥檃m. I鈥檓 glad you could be there for your sister 馃 [@674752,ZenPearl]
AnthroKenji31-35, M
That鈥檚 an encounter. Wow.
Mugin1641-45, M
Very sad indeed.