Continuously longing for something you don’t have?

How do you stop focusing on it?

I come here for silliness sake. To pretend I’m social. I didn’t really think about this u til some asked about account deleting.
What the hell is wrong with me?
Coming here for me is like eating but only getting hungrier. I end up here for hours without ever finding whatever it is I’m craving.
I hate this.
How do you find people to have in your life that actually like you and do t just use you for what you can give them? Like, real ... friends. Does anyone really have those?
Maybe your expectations for what this place is and can be, are too high? Not that there is anything wrong with that. It’s always good to hold others, and yourself, to a higher standard.
I hope you’ve made some friends here since you posted this.
nonsensiclesnail · 46-50, F
[@1169621,Ghostinthemachine] Have you found information that has been useful to you?
[@441353,nonsensiclesnail] I have found that there are no right and wrong answers, and that there are many opinions.
I have found comfort, in a way, knowing that I am not the only one in this situation
nonsensiclesnail · 46-50, F
[@1169621,Ghostinthemachine] what is the situation that you’re in?

"I end up here for hours without ever finding whatever it is I'm craving"

Sums it up perfectly for me...always waiting for something to happen.
JustNik · 46-50, F
I think some people do. I would imagine if you go out and get involved in things you enjoy, you’d have some possibility of meeting like-minded folks who could become friends. Though I don’t think there’s ever a guarantee, I do know you don’t find anything unless you put yourself out there.
JUSTHEREFORTHETIDDIES · 51-55, C
Great timing on this post.
Yes I have less than a handful of true genuine friends.

But I didn’t meet them easily.

Ironically life had plans for me to go through trials and tribulations first before I met the good ladies i have come to know as my close friends.

I don’t have a direct answer for you all I can say is that sometimes you will have to walk the path you’re travelling on alone before you are surrounded by true hearts.

Take Care
nonsensiclesnail · 46-50, F
[@971552,Blaise] I’m becoming very impatient I suppose. Thank you though.
It’s ok 🤗 patience is power. You’ve got this 👍🏻[@441353,nonsensiclesnail]
JUSTHEREFORTHETIDDIES · 51-55, C
This happens to me in real life every damn day.