When you hear “businessman” or “businesswoman”
Do you imagine that person to be rich?

Like, do they have to be?
1
|
So many businesses can be in such heavy debt that it is not necessary they are rich.
They just have the opportunity to be so.
DropsOfPain · 26-30, F
[@44604,Aidolovemostofyourthoughts] Agreed
[@44604,Aidolovemostofyourthoughts] The car lot where I worked had to pay a lot of insurances and bonds. People have no idea when they are buying used cars how many expenses there are in running that kind of business, they think they can bargain down a car for less than half of what’s asked because most of the price is profit and that’s not the case.
[@16806,cherokeepatti] Most people have no idea how a business works.

theartlady · 26-30, F
I usually do but they are not always rich. I also imagine them always in a suit, even when they go to bed.
DropsOfPain · 26-30, F
[@508294,theartlady] Lol same
Nope. I used to do that but after some experience I have realized that anyone who wears a suit and talks nice isn't rich and anyone who wears sweatpants to work aren't poor.
Many start out with loans and work long days 7 days a week for years or decades, not all are what I’d call rich. Some can live a good retirement though when they get ready to sell the business and assets.
Heartlander · 70-79, M
No ... more like the image of a male who wears a suit and tie to work or a woman to wear slacks and heels. And both would spend the day behind a desk.

Probably an image pressed into my brain in the 1950s :)
No I usually think of them as struggling. That has been my experience.
[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-1pqWZnz6w]
MartinTheFirst · 18-21, M
I imagine a blazer at least

When you hear “businessman” or “businesswoman”... | Miscellaneous | Similar Worlds