How to stop feeling/being intimidated by men?

I've been this way many years now. I get super nervous around men who I especially find attractive. But also just in general, I feel almost less than men? I know it's not TRUE that anyone is less than anyone else but I can't seem to shake always feeling so shy around guys/intimidated etc. Any tips? I've asked this about a year ago but have not conquered it馃様
AussieWhisperer100+, M
intimidated by men !!

I think you mean [b][c=BF0000]" intimidated by silly boys "[/c][/b]

Gentlemen don't intimidate ladies
HannahSkyF
I think it's within you. Until you feel better about yourself, you'll project that on to others.
Coralmist36-40, F
[@868864,HannahSky] But I'm not really intimidated by women...,馃
HannahSkyF
[@562099,Coralmist] Still, could be something you project onto men or there's a specific reason it's men. It's not unusual that people feel a certain way about a person or even many people, but an entire gender, sounds like a projection to me.
geoam151-55, M
Just gotta take it slow. Work at it little by little
PeacefulF
Men are people like us. I believe in today's world, they are more insecure.

Love yourself more by finding ways to celebrate all that you are.

In doing so, you attract what you offer.
Coralmist36-40, F
[@21448,Peaceful] Great advice. I just got a self help book and it said to remember the value and good in yourself, deep down, when feeling fear or any anxious situation. Thanks 馃尮
PeacefulF
[@562099,Coralmist] you're quite welcome 馃グ
lovelywarpedlemon26-30, F
go to local shooting range for a few rounds of practice
John01M
If its possible, just try and see yourself as equal to men, equal as a person. That's all I can think of. 馃檹
Bang5luts46-50, M
Say random things from time to time. I used to get bullied in elementary school and I started saying random things and when someone would say something horrible, I would reply with something off putting and then the other kids would laugh at the bully and soon everyone knew not to pick on me unless they wanted to be humiliated. I found saying random things (as a child) while I was playing, doing homework, doing my chores etc. Helped me be more quick witted and more outgoing. Some odd number of decades later my oldest brother still doesn't try to make me the but on his jokes.
Bang5luts46-50, M
[@562099,Coralmist] lol. No. Just say like random stuff when you're alone mostly. Like if something falls off of your lap, say something like I wanted that there. I'm starting to wonder if I have turrets now. Lol. I'm just kidding. Seriously though maybe try this. Go on a social media place like SW, GAG, Facebook or some place make a fake account and just practice flirting with guys, just flirt until you're comfortable to do it face to face with them. Then it's no loss or embarrassment. No pressure to say the right thing.
Coralmist36-40, F
[@1169150,Bang5luts] Thanks Bang, that makes sense. It's this absurd subconscious quest to be perfect for a guy that's stopping me from getting close to someone, feeling ill come up short. But maybe my definition of perfect is not what another might think ..they COULD see me as just fine even WITH anxiety. So I like that idea of saying silly things to kind of take the edge off. Thanks 馃尮
Bang5luts46-50, M
[@562099,Coralmist] you're very welcome. I truly hope it helps. You seem fine to me. No one in this world is perfect. Just try to keep that in mind. 馃槈
wildbill8336-40, M
Distract us... 馃

istillhaveanameitsrick51-55, M
I always felt the same way about women, found them terribly intimidating and honestly never ever made the first move with a woman (or girl if you want to go back to high school). Just went through sensitivity training through my employer (required training for all employees) and i must say that i am glad i am married. The world today seems to make the idea of dating almost impossible. I am a truck driver and my company basically told us that we are not supposed to flirt with or approach anyone we may meet during our day, fellow employees, drivers from other companies, employees of customers or even truck stop employees. Then throw in the "woke" generation these days and not knowing if you will insult a woman by approaching her because perhaps she is a lesbian or just hates men in general or just believes that women should always make the first move...dating today must be like trying to navigate a minefield filled with lawsuits and hatred.
JoyfulSilence46-50, M
I do not know.

Maybe make friends with weak-willed, deferential, needy men, and gain confidence.
Wolf9031-35, M
If it makes you feel any better, a lot of guys are intimidated by women too! Especially those who haven't dated much before! The more you get out there, the easier it is to read people and get confident! Just keep in mind that we are just as human as you! In both the positive and negative ways lol!
Coralmist36-40, F
[@806190,Wolf90] Thank you friend 馃尯
HasmitaM
You are an amazing person. You have so much value and worth.

It's understandable to be nervous around a situation we want to attain.
Coralmist36-40, F
[@106695,Hasmita] Thanks so much Hasmita
HasmitaM
[@562099,Coralmist] I mean it sincerely
Kinevi1
I think it's more about putting yourself out there and the fear of rejection. Is it only men or do women have the same effect when reaching out to someone?
Coralmist36-40, F
[@593126,Kinevi1] It's generally men. I'm more uptight around guys than women in public. But it's not to say I've never been nervous with some women but it's definitely more guys. I think a big component is feeling not enough, yes.